How do you cope with work after an op

Posted , 11 users are following.

I go to see the urogynocologist in a couple of weeks for a rectocele prolapse, maybe bladder too. 

I'm not worried about them poking about, but I am worried if I have to have an op, because my job means I'm on my feet for 6 hours a day minus 20min break, plus it involves heavy lifting.  Anyone else in the same situation,with heavy lifting, how long were you off work?

I'm 54yrs old.

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sorry for long reply .... now just over 4 wk opp my friend gave me prune juice and said it was very good thinking i could stop taking tablets ... well it wasnt quite as strong as tablets ... so was bk to square one ... started taking tablets gain now still bit difficult .. think ill just keep taking now for a while and do as you have said and ween myself down abit ..... i still have wot i think is swelling in my vagina near the opening ... i did think y prolapse had came bk but im assuming its the swelling i cant imagine beeing able to have sex with that there hope it goes down as is quite worrying ...
    • Posted

Hi Jackie,if the docs give you tablets then I would stick with them for now, maybe just have the juice as an extra.  I have a tendancy to be loose, so don't have that problem. 

It's only 4 weeks, so still got time to calm down, don't over do anything.

I'm off to find out about my prolapse this afternoon, first visit.

• Posted

Been today, just leaving it and using my pelvic toner and see how it goes, so I'm happy. Will wait for it to get worse. Pessaries not much good if your sexually active, really didn't fancy them at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.