How do you do your exercise?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello everyone, forgive me if this is a silly question but I'm really curious about the exercises and I thought it might be interesting to hear how diff people approach them.

How many times per day do you do them? and to what sort of intensity do most of you practice them? Do you take the gentle or firm sort of stretch approach or do you do them aggressively, in other words press as hard as you can and then a bit more? Can it be counter productive to do them to hard? And Do you feel there is benefit in taking a rest day throughout the week?In your experience, Do you find that as your Range Of Motion increases, do the exercises get easier or do we have to work hard for every degree of flexion?

2 likes, 66 replies

66 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That's cold Peter.. I find it cold at minus 3 lol
    • Posted

Its going all the up to minus 22 today. Haha

i'm not a fan of this weather at all. Cant wait till spring.

Think the cold weather adds to knee stiffness as well.

• Posted

Not only the cold but sudden and drastic baromoter changes. We are in the 1st stages of a big barometric drop with temps dropping and on the edge of a major snow event. My leg started acting up 24 hrs ago and now is encouraging me to hit the pain pills.I'll probably do that, wait an hour, start excercise and then ice. Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Very lucky though, an hour north they are seeing a foot or more of snow before its over. We are just going to get a dusting.
    • Posted

So far we havent had as much snow here as usual. Just cold.

speaking of exercise, do you you ever take a day off from the exercise to give yourself a rest and heal up a bit?

• Posted

hello Suzi, I live in Ontario, Canada. In the city of Barrie about 40 miles north of Toronto.

It's going all the way up to -9 today haha

I actually did answer you about 5 min after your post but the internet has been acting up here all night. Still isnt working properly. Maybe its too cold! Haha 

• Posted

Goodness i just couldn't cope with that much condone reason ! I left England for Australia because i thought the UK was cold lol

Does the cold affect your TKR adversely?

• Posted

Yes I think the cold effects the knee for sure. Always seems a bit stiffer and sore after I go out for a while. Try not to go out unless I have to but you go crazy just sitting inside all the time as well.originally I was going to have this surgery done in the spring but there was a cancelation and I got in early.

thought it would a good time because I drive for a living and figured to get the worst part of the winter off. Guess theres pro and cons where ever you are and likely regardless of the time of year you choose.

I do think about moving somewhere away from these winters though. Would love to visit Australia, 

of course theres always that money thing. Haha

• Posted

I sort of use a peak and valley approach anymore. When I was younger and 1st started this grind I powered into it days a week and took Sundays off and really took it very easy. Fortunately, I have been retired almost from the beginning so wasn't looking at the [ros[ets of having a timetable frameworking my recovering. The last two times, I have done the full hour plus every other day plus some walking when weather permits. On the odd days I just streatch and do a little work on balance. Back in my active sports days I was always taught that you absolutely had to take every other day off as the body has to heal but this blasted leg seems to throw that theory out the window. I think one of the underemphasized things about this rehab that is really pushed in normal conditioning is hydration. Most people, when hurting , forget to  drink. Several large glasses of water a day is absolutely imperative when it comes to damaged tissue repair. I know people that hit the sports drinks heavily but to me nothing beats a big glass of water for hydration.
  • Posted

Hello,

When I had pretty time I had joined Yoga Classes, which helped me a lot. The Yoga movements & exercise reduce the belly fats.

But now because of packed schedule, I do not get time for exercise. But I give daily 30 mins for walking. When I return to home I go for a walk in nearby public garden. Where I daily Walk for 30 mins or more than that.

I think that will be helpful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.