How do you feel post cyst/ovary and tube removed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Because i'm not sure how I do (

I had a dermoid cyst 9cm removed back in 2017 which resulted in it being easier just to take the whole ovary and tube with my agreement.

Recovery went well, a few weeks off work and then bam, ever since a regular cycle with quite heavy bleeding - I thought i'd skip a cycle, well I hoped I would anyway! My periods are like clockwork so maybe the cyst was hindering that before?

My main problem is that for the last 6 months or so i've started to feel 'not quite right', I have a heavy period for at least a week, have period pain the week before and the week after so basically only 1 week out of 4 feeling ok - but now, even on that week somethings making me feel really achey all of the time and weirdly i'm getting stabbing pains in the side where its all been removed. Today i've got period pain radiating around the back and I just feel rubbish - already the pain killers are creeping back in and thats the last thing I want to do - I was up to 8 co-codamol a day pre surgery.

I'm not worried theres something wrong as such but before I make that appoint to see the doc I wondered if anyone would like to share how they are feeling and maybe some advice?

Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had a 32 cm cyst and ovary reomved in june. I have not felt right since. My period pains got awful so i am now on the pill to see if that helps. Sure gogo back tp docdoctors or surgeon

• Posted

Hi and thank you for your reply - I'm thinking more and more that I should go to the gp but I just hate going!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.