How do you finally get over the last hurdle

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone progress touch wood has been relatively okay. Almost at the 10 month mark now in around 10 days time, I can see improvements but it is really slow. Today I went for a walk not far but in doing so I felt absolutely knackered. Like i'd just done a triathlon, Im guessing im not 100% back to normal yet. How do you get back to your old self entirely. I know now as well though that I have an under active thyroid from the Glandular fever and im on meds for it. If i could just stop getting tired so quick it wouldn't be as bad. I suppose I shouldn't moan really though because I have made progress

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jelley,

Every thing like that, managing a walk when not feeling great, is a great achievement considering how you're feeling. Sounds silly maybe but it is like a triathlon, because if you're fully fit a triathlon would be a challenge, but when not fully fit even just managing a short walk is an achievement proportionately worth something much greater than it would be to someone who is in full health - they don't have the same battle having to do it as someone hit in the worst moments with glandular fever.

Still believing in your recovery Jelley - remember Year 2 is a walk in the park compared to Year 1 - that is my experience and it was 10 months before I started to turn the corner, and things improved from then on in - really hoping this will be the same for you, believing it can and will be.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Jelley,

I started to feel better at 11 months with occasional down days, it is just a slow recovery process. Do be careful because when you get a little energy you want to go back to normal routine and you do run out of energy much faster.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.