How do you find the right doctor for a marsupialization?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had the bartholin cyst on and off for the past four years now, I have had it drained five times. For the most part I have been living with it because it doesn't grow significantly enough to have the procedure done. But when this thing gets infected it can grow to the size of a golf ball, regardless if I do the sitz bath it doesn't really help until I have it drained then the sitz bath take care of the rest for it to come out. 

I have been trying to do my research on this and it seems there are no solid solutions Im considering the procedure and have been trying to find the right doctor for it. I have seen four doctors and none of them seem up to the challenge of doing this procedure they just want me to drain it or deal with the catheter. My main question is how do you find an experienced doctor who has done this procedure before? Idk if its my luck I could be in the wrong area, anyone please help I live in the Fort Lauderdale FL area. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I live in PA so I don't have any recommendation specific to your area- but I found a doctor who is both a gynecologist and plastic surgeon and due to that combination I had a wonderful experience with very little pain post-op. Perhaps looks to see if there's anyone in your area who practices in similar fields?

• Posted

I saw my regular doctor and she referred me to gynecologist/obgyn. I had my lanced at least a dozen times by different doctors. I guess I finally got lucky because the gynecologist I was referred to was horrified that it had been lanced so many times and she did the marsupulation right away. I would ask your doctor to refer you to a gynecologist that will do the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.