How do you know if orlistat is working

Posted , 4 users are following.

if I'm doing a low fat diet and therefore no visible signs of fat being excreted, is it worth taking the tablets ? Is it more a physiological thing ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, the tablets will still be working. You will only get the visible signs or side effects if you have too much fat.
  • Posted

I have been wondering the exact same thing myself...but I also believe there are no visible signs of fat excretion because we are staying within our fat allowance. I even started to think my tabs were a placebo!
    • Posted

So do you think fat is being excreted but not excessive ,Have you lost any weight or think you've lost more using these tablets ?

• Posted

MissQ1978 you are right, no visible signs mean you are staying within your fat allowance. You could say any visible signs are an indicator that you are going off track with your diet.
    • Posted

The tablets will cut your fat absorption by half, so yes fat is being excreted but if your fat intake is too high then you will get the side effects or visible signs.

Yes these tablets do work. I lost just over 5 stone a few years ago by taking these tablets. I have managed to gain a couple of stone that I'm struggling with, so I have gone back on them.

• Posted

Thanks jackie4440.... That's good to know, I'm hoping they work I've tried so many diets, now at the gym and these tabs etc, so fingers crossed, 

wow 5 stone, good luck with your new goals 

• Posted

I haven't seen any signs as yet and I've been on them 4 weeks now. In my 1st week i lost 5Ib, nothing in the 2nd, 3Ib in the 3rd and it's weigh day tomorrow! If I'm honest I am still skeptical whether the Alli is contributing or not? Who knows? 😕 but I will keep taking them just in case they are! 😊

• Posted

I would say if you don't know if it works take 1 day and eat something fatty...and no vitamin..see what your body comes out with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.