How do you know if you have a kidney infection?

Posted , 7 users are following.

can anyone tell me what the tell tale signs of kidney infection are? would it be obvious something is wrong?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Frequent chills, flank pain, gnawing pain in the groin area, dull pain in the back, just above the waist line, blood in urine. Feels nauseous all the time , extremely weak. Also you can still have frequent urination, burning sensation and smelly urine.

• Posted

I think vania24429 message is closely related to my problems too.

Exactly almost same. So i too have some kind of kidney infection, but in small amounts.

But its entire body feels it, that is the only sucky part i think.

• Posted

have you had a UTI before? if so its like that but much much worse, pain in your sides, back, feeling like you have flu, burning urine or frequent need to go but nothing comes out, your gp can test your urine straight away and prescribe antibiotics straight away, i had a kidney infection 2 weeks ago it was awful and i was prescribed trimethroprim, hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Completely agree. Feeling of sickness and weakness all the time. Unfortunately I have allergy to all penicillin based antibiotics also Sulfa and the choices are limited.

Waiting for some new tests tomorrow. For 2 weeks infection is with me.

The feeling that it is chronic and come every 2 months is awful.

• Posted

Not everyone has all the symptoms but should have the majority of them also depending on your age is a factor if you've had a urinary tract infection/bladder infection it's similar but the pain is more severe that's my opinion I'm actually going through this illness as I'm responding My husband has had kidney stones 4 times and he described the same symptoms and pain that I'm experiencing now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.