how do you know if you have Fibromyalgia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if there are any ways to tell if you have Fibromyalgia or not? I seem to have have a lot of the symptoms but still not sure. Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe, write down your symptoms and how long you have had them. See your Dr. and have blood tests, x rays etc.

Fibromyalgia is usually diagnosed after a variety of tests have been done and come back negative.

Good luck x

• Posted

Good evening. I dont think there is any way you can tell for sure as alot of the symptoms can relate to lots of different things.  Best to see your GP and explain the symptoms to him and then hopefully he may be able to say or refer you to a rhumatologist.
  • Posted

Hiya blood tests n x ray will rule out a lot of illnesses, your g.p will organise them for you. Justt write down your symptoms and discuss it with your g.p. Be aware tho coz some g.p's don't even recognise fibromyalgia. Luckily I have a great g.p. I have had fibromyalgia for 19yrs. Good luck x

• Posted

With FM there are 10 trigger spots all over your body for eg neck, shoulders, hips, groin, knees, feet   unable to turn in bed,  stiffness when getting up and feeling tired when exerting yourself and not being able to sleep

hoping this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.