how do you know if you have hsv 1 orally too?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with Hsv 1 GH a few months ago. My outbreak was terrible but I'm already passed it & I feel normal down there. I don't know wether I'm just thinking about it to much and feel like I might have it on my mouth to. If I contracted it from oral sex those that mean I have it on my mouth too? I didn't have an outbreak on my mouth like I had it on my genitals? Someone help me? Ive been meaning to go to the doctors and get more information but been so busy with work.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm confused about how the oral GH work. I have a sore inside my mouth from where I accidentally stabbed myself in the gum with my toothbrush. I had the beginnings of a cold, so it turned into a sore. I have gotten sores in my mouth randomly (maybe once a year, if that) for as long as I can remember. Even when I was much younger and not yet sexually active. 

Can an you spread GH to yourself? As in, can it start orally and then you somehow spread it to your genitals? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.