How do you know if you need to up your dosage?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on citalopram for 5 weeks now and doc asked me if i wanted to up it. still feeling anxious, waking up at 5am every day, sleep interrupted and think depression thrown in there too. feeling so rubbish and not myself, think i have burnout and everything feels like a threat/ hard. Made redundant after getting shingles in march and cant even think about work right now. any help or support appreciated, hate feeling like this 😦 xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi lau96161

I think it all depends on what your starting dose is I'd imagine it's 10mg... these tablets take time to work its not weeks its months and 5 doesnt seem that long but its totally up to you when you want to up the dose, just don't expect instant results and the side effects will start all over again

• Posted

Hi Lau,

I have been on 40 mg for the last 11 months, I did drop to 30 and make my way up because of side effects, so ive been on 40 now for 14 weeks and i still wake early and struggle in the mornings, some better than others.it is taking a long time for me but everyone is different.

hope this helps.

G.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.