How do you know when Epstein Barr is dying off?

Posted , 7 users are following.

wondering if its a case of it gets worse before it gets better? having a tough month after somewhat managing ( albeit still very difficult) with the symptoms for 5 months. would love to hear from anybody who has maybe gone through this stage .

its really brought my spirit and strength down lately .im really struggling.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey Lori,

Still thinking about you man - stay strong. When it was getting better for me, you just know within yourself, you just start to feel a bit more 'human' again and don't have the symptoms at the same intensity - for me it was more of a gradual process, with some big steps forward at times and a few setbacks too - but definitely you will know when you're on the road to recovery and it will happen Lori - really it will!! This is the horrible bit you're going through right now but it doesn't last forever and even it is still a few weeks/months or whatever before full recovery happens (hopefully not man) don't panic because it definitely does and will get better - that's from a hindsight experience of being in a similar place to you are 5-6 months man!

Craig

• Posted

thank you Craig ! the last few weeks have been so so tough . im begging GOD night and day to give me some relief .

ive gone from unable to get out of bed to a terrible anxiety hyper feeling . trying to ignore it and rest as i know expending so much energy ... no good.

praying for everybody suffering ... this is a vicious unrelenting beast !

I dont hate but right now i HATE you Epstein Barr.

• Posted

It's definitely a roller coaster. This is my second time getting Mono. I'm on month 7. The upside I have experienced is that only a couple of symptoms resurface and the symptoms are mild. For example, headaches and tiredness. I just went back to the doctor for more blood work to see where my numbers are. I was told by the doctors that symptoms can last up to 6 months. I hope things start looking up for you.

• Posted

so sorry it came back again. what was the time period ? how many months years in between.

ive read on countless articles that once you get EBV once really bad that it wont come back .

at least you recognized the symptoms and knew what to do.

i went undiagnosed for 5 months so im sure i did some harm in that time .

thank GOD the symptoms are mild i could not go through this twice !

• Posted

Roughly 34 years. I had it as a child. The doctors believe it resurfaced due to stress. I thought my thyroid was off again because I was extremely tired. From what my Mom has told me about my symptoms as a child compared to what I have experienced now it hasn't been as bad. I have taken 2000 mg of Vitamin C and Astragulus to boost my immune system. A big mistake I made was over doing it at the gym which relapsed some of my symptoms. It will get better it just takes time.

• Posted

well thats good news at least you can get on top of it now., hopefully this is the last and final time you will get it . i hope the symptoms arent too debilitating . this surely is the monster of all monsters!

• Posted

Hi Stacie,

So sorry to hear you're going through this awful time with mono. To have a reactivation must be such a hard thing to cope with mentally and physically. Empathising having went through the virus myself a number of years ago and it was one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with. I really hope and pray things settle down for you soon, hang in there and just remember you will get through it and your body will get on top of it again. After 7 months you must be so weary and fed up. Sounds like you're doing all the right things with rest and vitamins and things Stacie, hang in there and remember you will get through this.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Lori,

This happened to me also, I have made a full recovery after a year of struggle. This virus is very strong and does give you ups and downs, eventually your immune system will get a hold of it.

• Posted

really happy to hear that you have fully recovered . it gives us all hope . yes our bodies are very resilient but boy this is a tough one to fight .

• Posted

I know how you feel. I've done 7.5 months of this nightmare and still struggling with headaches, fatigue, spaced out feeling, jelly legs and arms and aches and pains mainly in my legs. It feels like I'm never going to get better, especially when I have little set backs it really gets me down. The main thing that gives me hope is people that write on here and say this is all normal and it will pass in time....just feels like it is taking forever.

• Posted

yes you said that right its just goes on and on . and yes i love to hear the recovery stories . i try to research as much as i can online and the main thing we have to focus on is that it WILL get better and there are positive stories out there. we will never ever forget this time in our lives . God shine your light in us ....

• Posted

Thinking of you all Lori, Dodge, Ant and Stacie, I do hope for a much better week for you guys just praying for a breakthrough in your situations - trusting God with that He is there and knows what's going on and is a good Father and wants us well and is the great healer I do believe that.

Mono too I'm glad you have been doing better recently, I still think about you and your family and definitely hoping and praying things are on the up for each one of you.

Craig

• Posted

Im in the same boat.. praying we all get better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.