How do you share with spouse what you are going through?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I told my husband that my gyn was pretty sure I had LS.  I told him that it is a skin disease and I would need treatment with steroids for life.  It has been quite awhile since we have had sex without it hurting, but I always just assumed it was from menopaus.  I didnt't make a big deal about the sex just told him we would be able to have sex as soon as "this" is under control. The only symtoms I told him I have is irritation and burning.  I haven't told him about the fusing.  Most days I go around walking slowly, gently sitting down, and spending lots of time in the bathroom.  He doesn't say anything and neither do I. He just thinks I have some irritation I'm sure. Throughout the years we have had a good sex life,  We still have a good relationship. I am a strong woman...divorced for 12 years. But,  I feel if he knew how bad it is, he would see me differently. I'm sure the problem is that I see myself differently.  Anyway how much do you share with yours spouses?  Do you talk about the details of LS?  Do they know how miserable you are sometimes? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My hubby and I have not had sexual relations in about 7 years. I recently discovered the Mona Lisa Touch laser treatment and spoke with him about it.  He's 72 and has several health problems.  He told me that he did not think I had to go through that for him. That he was okay with us the way we are now and wasn't sure he could perform anymore either.  We are still very affectionate but I do miss that part of our lives.  I think I'm well enough now that I could successfully engage in relations but figured the Mona Lisa Touch would be additional insurance.  But now after our discussion I guess we will leave things as they are. We too are good together and keep busy as we have been raising a granddaughter for the past 13 years...so we do have other distractions. smile 
  • Posted

It is not an easy matter to accept that you have this illness for yourself.  It took me a while.  And memories of my mother came back when my father took another woman 'on the side'.  I was simply afraid that history would repeat itself.  But my husband has been amazing in his support.  It was together that we made it through.  All out in the open is what I recommend.  Together you will be stronger than working all out alone.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.