How do you survive?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm 51 and bleeding a lot.  I've been given Norethisterone to stop it, which works, and this morning my GP referred me for a scan and to see gynaecologist.  She wants to find out if I have fibroids as my gran, mam and sister had/have.  I've had blood test and it came back normal, but I am so, so tired all the time and hardly eat.  My question is, how am I suppose to cope with all this when I already have mental health issues?  It came too much for me over the weeklend and I overdosed.  Luckily I'm ok.  Don't think I can take anymore though.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mami, I feel your pain and wish I could take it away.  Know that you are NOT alone ~ and that you are loved.  I wish I could give you a hug right now and we could co-miserate!  =)  I have awful thoughts too.  Wanting it to be over - the doom and fearfulness - the physical ridiculousness, all of it.  Just cease to be.  Maybe running away to Mexico!  At least I could lie on the beach all day and eat coconuts!  Oh wait, I hate coconuts!  Please just keep walking and holding on.  I will too.  We can walk this together.  Imagine the next woman to be going through what you are going through - and you being able to be her light.  It makes ALL the difference to be able to relate to someone.  Let that someone be YOU.  For me, being idle makes me want to be more idle - sitting and wallowing decreases my energy and increases my despair.  I have to be part of the solution.  I have to keep walking.  Sunday I was idle all day, Monday I was in a deep depression.  Today I feel better due to the ladies on this page.  In my house of all males - even the pets are male!!, I am an island that no one can relate to.  I do have female friends, but guess what - NO ONE TALKS about this stuff!!  WTH???  Why not??  So thankful to have found this page while searching for all the reasons my ailments were indicitive of my death!  sheesh!!  I am 48, will be 49 by the end of this year.  My boys are 12 and 9.  My friends all have freaking grand kids for crying out loud.  When they have to watch them they are wiped out!  LOL  Ya, my life every day!   Please hang in there. 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, thanks for your reply.  I don't think I can carry on and go through what my sister's just been through and still is.  I've spoken to my CPN about it yesterday and she's understanding, she's 49 herself.  Just so, so tired all the time.  Have no strength at all either.  Sorry to moan so much.  xx
  • Posted

You CAN and you WILL carry on!!  You are WOMAN - hear you ROAR!!!  Nothing to be sorry about ~ moan away!  =)  You are helping me so much more than you know!  =)  Thank you for your honesty and your comments.  It is helping me keep on keepin on. 
    • Posted

Don't know how my moaning is helping you!  I have no roar, I can hardly mew right now.  Feel so weak and tired.  Have no motivation at all, so low all the time.  Don't think my CPN can help me with this.
  • Posted

Before reading any posts on here, I really felt so alone in this.  Crazy in the head.  Hopeless.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.