How fast can Endometriosis come back?

Posted , 3 users are following.

New here and hoping for insight/support. I won't go too far back, but always had horrendous periods until I went on the pill at the age of 18. No complaints...periods were manageable and cramps would subside with ibuprofen. 10 years later, went off the pill to try to have a child. Had my daughter a year later. 2 years later I had a miscarriage/dnc and then became pregnant with my son 2 months later. Fast forward...had IUD, no relief from pain and periods. Starting having intense bloating/pain/pressure on my upper left side. Been to chiropractor, GP, Gastronologist, Endocrinologist, Naturopath doctor. Many blood draws, ultrasounds, ct scans, xrays. Had laparoscopy 3 years ago...found mild endo and a few fibroids, which they removed. Week later had thermal ablasion, as I have a weird shaped antoverted uterus. Things have gone downhill since and the past 6 months are unbearable.

I was bleeding for 10 to 12 days straight. Sharp upper left pain followed by gushes of blood that would leave me on the floor in tears. Bowel/urinary problems. Fevers. Sinus pain/pressure. Feeling and looking 6 months pregnant. Told I had estrogen dominance, low vitamin D, high prolactin levels and various other abnormal bloodwork. Saw new Gyno last week and have u/s in 2 weeks. Ultrasound will not show endo, correct? I feel as though my entire left side is being strangled. I get sharp pains in my belly button, pain in my groin that radiates down my leg. Insomnia. I am just tired of feeling sick.

Soooooooo...what are the chances that in 3 years the endo has returned and taken over my body? 😯

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what the chances are but am sorry to say that it's not impossible. Ultrasounds are not reliable for endo. Can you get another lap any time soon?

• Posted

Hi yes it's possible my endo came back 16 years after a total hystorectomy...been on hrt since as I was only 36...it's co me back attached to my bowel.just changed patches to progesterone and oestrogen which I'm told should stop it growing back.

you need a laparoscopy to be sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.