How fast can osteoporosis develop?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a bilateral orchiectomy, and cannot be on hormone replacement therapy, so I have no sex hormones at all right now in my body and being on them is not an option.

I guess I'm just wondering,

How quickly can osteoporosis potentially develop?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, as I understand it you will not be able to produce testosterone, one of the main male hormones, can I ask why you cannot have any kind of hormone replacement thrapy?  Why not try and look at what, can be done about replacing testosterone first.  There are also a number of natural medicines to try before you completely write off your testosterone. XX
    • Posted

I am a Trans woman, I would honestly rather die than go back on testosterone.

I was on estrogen for years but it does really bad things to my mental state, I basically spent the last 3 years in and out of mental hospitals and programs because of it.

I won't go back on it.

And I've been on other hormones with equal success

• Posted

Ok I understand a little more now. So you won't want to take testosterone anyway.  I have taken prescribed estrogen and have had terrible side affects and so I will only ever use natural medicines for everything now. I am in much better health and state of mind for it.  Your hormone levels, I would imagine may be difficult to balance, whats wrong with trying soya isoflavones (for estrogen) and or extra supplements for your bones like magnesium, zinc, D2, Calcium and k2.  I have osteoperosis in my spine, I was told I should would be in a wheel chair ten years ago, theres no way I am going to let that happen.  Did you say you had an eating dissorder?  That is your main problem and that is your main priority, your bones will need all vitamins and minerals it can get.  XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.