How fast does your heart go when in SVT?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was just curious. The highest mine has been in 245bpm, though I have heard a few people say they've gotten higher than that. Is there a physiological limit on how fast the heart can go when in SVT?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tommy,

According to my most recent Zio Patch, my HR hits the 240's every day, but only for 10-12 seconds.

Ugh.

• Posted

Hi Cindy - gosh! Is this due to the SVT? Have you had an EP study performed to find out exactly what is causing it?

• Posted

Tommy,

Yes, due to the SVT.

I went to see an electrophysiologist (cardiologist), and he said that since my runs are very short, he would likely have a difficult time identifying where the aberrant node(s) were during that short period, in order to successfully ablate them. So for now, I just have to deal with it.

• Posted

Have you considered having the Ablation surgery. i had it and it fixed my SVT problem.

• Posted

Yeah I'm currently on the waiting list to have an ablation. How did you find the recovery? Was there a lot of ectopics/skipped beats after it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.