How good is valium when you first take it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed a few to perhaps deal with the amount of stress I have been going through.

It's reached a point that I am trying to beat it but it's not working. I hate resorting to medication normally even though I have been on mirtzapine for well over 2 years and still currently take it (45 mg)

Basically I have been feeling extreme numbness to a point that I feel like I am losing balance, losing sensation, losing sensitivity to touch and all of these are piling up on top of each other to the point I start feeling my anxiety spikes, hyperventilation, and the feeling of passing out.

I've been at my wits end for a couple of days now, I've been getting mentally exhausted extremely fast.

I went from being active to an extent to the lowest of lows extremely fast and I'm trying my best to break out of it but I'm sort of unsure about anything anymore..

I even told my psychologist that I need proper assistance or help to beat this because while I am going through this I am losing control.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So have you been taking the valium or not?

Please reply - I couldn't decided if you were or weren't taking it!

Love Tess xx

• Posted

Yes I started taking only half of it.

It helped to an extent I wouldn't say it did a whole lot but it definitely made me relaxed. However I started noticing a headache but that was probably due to me being tired

• Posted

Headaches are most often due to not drinking enough water. Try a big glass or two every time you get one. You need to stay hydrated, expecially with anxiety!!!
    • Posted

Oh, and if I have a headache, valium makes it better - always. and Cia is right - drink lots of water.

I'm currently tapering off valium, as I got addicted to it. For forty years.

Get back to me and we can talk about this, Damien. xxxx

• Posted

Hey tess, 

Thanks for being open about being on them for 40 years.

I was only prescribed a few however received 50 of them. Only 5 mg. 

I took half of one lastnight it definitely helped me relax.

I am currently on mirtzapine but didn't take one lastnight because of taking the valium instead.

I gotter be honest.. I feel like I'm losing life every single day and it doesn't seem to get easier. I haven't been able to feel safe or anything by myself which is odd because normally I would be fine. I'm just going through an extreme rough patch that I can't seem to break or shake out of at all and it's doing my head in. sad

• Posted

Tess really knows what she's talking about when it comes to drugs. Personally, I check with her or my doctor when taking or deciding not to take something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.