How I am treating my PR

Posted , 2 users are following.

Like many of you on this discussion, I thought I initially got ringworm but after treating it for weeks with no progression, I finally started looking up other diagnoses that are commonly mistaken for ringworm which led me to self-diagnose myself with PR. I believe I noticed the herald patch mid-May and started noticing the daughter patches a couple weeks later, which I initially thought were just mosquito bites. I decided not to go to the doctor since there is no treatment and to save myself the time and $. The herald patch appeared on the side of my breast and the daughter patches covered my stomach, lower back, inner thighs and the inside of my arms. My torso was by far the worst, though. 

So after reading all the tips and tricks from other posts, this is what I have been doing to help treat it:

-drink 2 tablespoons of ACV mixed with OJ every morning

-increase Vitamin C intake

-drink tons of water

-take a few drops of oregano oil mixed with olive oil once a day 

-wash body with H&S clinical strength shampoo followed by a tea tree body wash for soothing (no hot water!)

-TAN TAN TAN! (I sunbathed for 2 days so far and it helped dramatically!)

-Apply Aloe Vera gel all over and spot treated with coconut oil

Luckily, I never lost sleep or had to take anything for the itching but I can't say whether I just had a mild case or started treating it early enough. I'd like to think the things I am doing are helping, but again, I could just have a mild case. 

Try and not to stress about it! I learned that is the best thing I can do, and with it being the start of summer where I live, I was definitely freaking out. Don't worry, it will get better! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So glad yours is finally going.... Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.