how i cope with bronchiectasis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all ive been suffering with the illness since the age of 10, im now 42, its on both of my lungs, i had  just over half my left lung removed in 1991,Im on nebuliser and tablet antibiotics, inhalers,the advice i can give to others is take up light exercise, drink plenty of water, try eat healthy if u can,in the early days i was really ill with it, but ive had so long now i know when to rest, it does knock the stuffing out of u, i live with a wheeze everyday but seems worse when i have an infection, only certain antibiotics help depending on what type of infection, plz feel free to reply id love to hear from u all takecare

6 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for words of hope with this I've had a bad wheeze for 3 weeks now. I'm wish I knew how to battle the tiredness any suggestions? Thank you
  • Posted

Regarding singing I have joined Rock Choir. I love it!!!!!!!! I have sung and recorded in Abbey Road studios and sung in the NEC arena and all sorts of local events. Best of all I sing at the weekly rehearsals with my friends. It helps my breathing and opens up my chest but most important it makes me happy. I sometimes cheat and mime the long notes but my singing has improved a bit. I don't have a great voice - it's an everybody's choir but we sound good all together.

I can't dance the night away but I still bop round the kitchen!

I have wheezed all summer. I wonder if it's pollen?

Tiredness is something I live with. I get rest when I can but apart from that if you have had this all your life you don't know any better. Sometimes I get a brilliant day with high energy but otherwise I just slog on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.