How I cured Bacterial Vaginosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im writing this post because when I was experiencing the dreaded BV all I did was google for answers, so I wanted to try and help someone else who may be experiencing this. 

I got BV in January 2018, not sure how, I had a long term boyfriend and I didn't change anything which might have triggered it. I thought it was a yeast infection, so I went to the chemist, took the tablet and used the cream and after a week it didn't go away, in fact it got worse. Went to the doctors, got a swab and they told me I had BV. The doctor assured me that the antibiotics would clear it up in no time. A week later there was NO change.  So I started googling home remedies and I realised how many woman out there are suffering, i was mind blown. I started off by inserting hydrogen peroxide intra vaginally, I filled up a 10ml syringe with 5ml of water, and 5ml of hydrogen peroxide, and I held it in for 4 minutes, every day, sometimes twice a day. This helped for the few days following, but as soon as I stopped doing it it came back, I started to become so depressed, I was in pain, I was itchy and the discharge was terrible. 

So I started to combine different remedies all together, and I have been symptom free for almost 2 weeks. I feel amazing, and clean and I am so much happier.

I followed the hydrogen peroxide routine as I mentioned above for two weeks, I also only washed with water, or Vagisil Ph friendly wash. Vitamins are also important (probably why it didn't work the first time I tried this). Every day I take 5 tablets of Vitamin D3 1000 IU (You can just take one tablet containing 5000) but I couldn't find any at my chemist. I also take 2 tablets of Folic acid (which is 1200mcg). I take one capsule of probiotics which has about 7 billion Lactobacillus Acidophilus in it which is very important to promote good bacterial growth. I also occasionally opened one of these capsules and put it into the syringe with the hydrogen peroxide. I also take two tablets of Vitamin C (I take the chewable ones). Its been two weeks since I lasted used the hydrogen peroxide solution, and I am still taking all of the vitamins and I have been clear for 2 weeks. No unusual discharge, smell, no pain, I feel 100% better. I am going to continue to take the vitamins to prevent it coming back.

If you are experiencing this, just know there is ways to treat it. Don't give up! smile 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shahn, 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’ve been dealing with this crap for years now. I can honestly say I know how you feel because it also depresses me and makes just want to stay home and not let my bf even get close to me which isn’t fair to him. Anyway, I was wondering about inserting stuff up the vagina. I was told by the nurse practitioner this week that inserting anything up there to clean it isn’t good. I’ve read that a lot of women do try that method but I’m too scared to try that. I did however buy the vitamins that you mentioned about 2 weeks ago and I started taking them but I got bv back again and I’m on Metrodinazole this week. Are you currently sexually active? And if so, are you using a condom? Sorry for the straight forward questions. 

• Posted

Hi Liz! Thanks for your response. I was refraining from sexual contact when I was experiencing this because it caused me so much pain that it was just not pleasurable at all. And made it worse the following days. But since it has cleared up I have been sexually active, with condoms and the BV still hasn’t returned! Yay!!!!

I was also really scared to Insert anything, but I have read really amazing reviews about it the hydrogen peroxide so I took the risk and I’m so glad I did. I honestly reccomend it so much!!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.