How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Posted , 202 users are following.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions, I discovered a low cost solution.  Two or three times a day I drink orange flavored carbonated mineral water.  After drinking it, I hold back the burp for 3 to 5 minutes, sometimes longer.  Then burp the air out.  Make sure to always do this right before bed.  This forces the esophageal sphincter to work hard to hold down the increasing air pressure.  It is the only way to strengthen this muscle.  After nearly 2 years of nexium,  I am now completely off acid blockers and only take a sip of water with sodium bicarbonate before bed, just for protrection. Please try this and let me know if you also find relief from acid reflux.  I hope you do.  Regards, John

34 likes, 866 replies

866 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Will try this ASAP. How much carbonated water do you drink? A glassful?
  • Posted

Hi:  I wanted to post an update.  I am still using this method every day.  I am now holding down the pressure for 30 minutes.  During that time I will get strong urges to burp, but I keep holding back and eventually the urge goes away.  Then I just burp out the pressure.  The esophageal sphincter is designed to stay clamped shut all the time.  It is only supposed to release when we eat or drink or burp.  I'm not sure what happens to disrupt this process but I'm thinking it may be a nerve problem.  Such as a pinched nerve between the vertabrae.  But, whatever the cause, the carbonated water should help most people.  Also, a side point, if you are currently taking an acid blocker, try taking it only before bed.  That will prevent the acid burning when you sleep, and it allows the stomach to make acid during the daytime.  That way you will get less rebound when you finally taper off the acid blocker. 
    • Posted

How often per day do you do this? Will give it a try with sparkling water
    • Posted

I try to do this 3 or 4 times a day.  And always 1 hour or less before bed. 
    • Posted

Hi John,

From last six months i m facing GERD acid reflux problem & also finding burning sensation in lower esophagus...& doctor has advised to take Nexium tablet / Esomac & whenever i stopped taking tablet i feel burning or irritation sensation. pls suggest me how to overcome this problem.

• Posted

Hi Prasha:  Sorry to hear your having these digestive issues.  It's always good to know what is causing the symptoms and when they started.  Sometimes it is a time of unusual stress.  Or it could be a new medication that burns the stomach lining.  It could also be a new infection of H. Pylori.  It can even be a vitamin or mineral deficiency that leads to a breakdown of normal body function and repairing.

When I was taking acid blocking drugs I found that they can also burn the stomach lining as they dissolve.  If you are taking a ppi pill then it can not be broken.  But if it is a capsule then you can pour out the tiny pills and take them with a lot of water to disperse them.  If you stop taking ppi drugs abruptly it can trigger acid revenge, where the stomach makes a lot of acid.  The best way to get off of ppi drugs is to slowly reduce the dosage each week and it will take about 2 months to be successful.  I found that liquid vitamin E and olive oil can coat the stomach and help it heal. You can use up to 2 E's per day for 30 days, but then only 1/2 per day after that so you don't overdose.  Low acid olive oil can be used as much as you want.  Sip it before bed also, it can also help seal the esophageal sphincter.  Make sure to incline you bed at least 8 inches.  Don't pile up pillows as you can slip off of them and end up in a worse position.Sleep on your back or on your left side only. 

You can also start my carbonated water treatment as described above to help strengthen your esophageal sphincter. 

First thing in the morning take the E ( open the capsule and swallow the liquid) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Then make a yogurt smoothie with fruit and carrots and a tomato if it agrees with you. The idea is to help improve your good bacteria and also to increase your fiber and nutrition.

I don't want to give too many instructions at one time.  Just do your best to do the above and you should notice some improvement.  Keep me posted.  John

• Posted

Hi John currently taking 30mg lansoprazole capsules every morning.. but wake up feeling sick and nauseous in morning had a endoscopy found a ulcer and also h-pylori bacteria finished tablets for that a week ago.. still taking lansoprazole one a day so still early days just thinking would it be better taking it at night before bed to stop me waking up feeling rotten? 
  • Posted

Brilliant - I find a small amount of a fizzy non sugar drink has a good effect at releasing the wind and give relief but I never heard of holding it in for 3 - 5 mins but it does make sense, we use weight to build up muscles but to get inside your stomach is different.  Where did you glean this info from - I wonder if any others have such a success.

Well done you.

• Posted

I have not had any other feedback yet.  I came up with this idea after trying to strengthen my esophageal sphincter using an inversion table.  I would drink a tall glass of water and then invert.  I think it was helping but I could not keep it up because it gave me a bad headache.  This is so much easier.  I am determined to avoid the surgery if I can.  This gives me hope that I can do something positive. 
    • Posted

Hi Johathan57679 did you get any feedback and are you still doling this?
    • Posted

I did not receive any feedback, as far as I know.  Sometimes I have to stay away from this forum because it stresses me out that so many people are suffering from this condition. 

I consider my acid reflux to be cured as I don't even think about it anymore.  I only drink the carbonated water about once every 2 or 3 weeks, but only for insurance and not for symptoms.  My main condition that I deal with is just excess acid in my stomach.  I can occasionally feel it burn, but only in my stomach.  So, I still take 10 to 15 mg of esomeprazole every night at 7pm after dinner.  I will likely have to continue that for the forseable future, until my gastritis heals and my stomach gets back to normal.

I still recommend the carbonated water to anyone I hear that has acid reflux.  But, still no feedback. 

• Posted

OK, I have asked someone for their feedback, will let you know.  Is the esomeprazole from your doc.  I am not taking anything at the moment apart from aloe vera and Silicol Gell, Tumeric caps, Probiotic, CoQ10 enzyme and Manuka Honey until I see my doc on Monday.
    • Posted

Yes, prescription esomeprazole.  I pour out 15mg into my hand and swallow the little time pills with 8 oz of water. 

I think people are just drinking the carbonated water.  That will not work.  You have to focus on this, holding down the burp for at least 5 minutes.  Once or twice a day, until there is no more reflux.  I was very desperate when I had my reflux, I almost got surgery to install the Linx magnets.  I'm so glad I discovered the cabonated water treatment.

I also drink marshmallow tea to soothe my stomach, it is very helpful for that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.