How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Posted , 202 users are following.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions, I discovered a low cost solution.  Two or three times a day I drink orange flavored carbonated mineral water.  After drinking it, I hold back the burp for 3 to 5 minutes, sometimes longer.  Then burp the air out.  Make sure to always do this right before bed.  This forces the esophageal sphincter to work hard to hold down the increasing air pressure.  It is the only way to strengthen this muscle.  After nearly 2 years of nexium,  I am now completely off acid blockers and only take a sip of water with sodium bicarbonate before bed, just for protrection. Please try this and let me know if you also find relief from acid reflux.  I hope you do.  Regards, John

34 likes, 866 replies

866 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi john...id been suffering from acid reflux 10yrs now(on and off)(think i lost count already).i hope to try your method when i go home.(im a filipino seaman)i have tried so many different kinds of anti acid but still not getting well.as of today i asked from our ships doctor  medicine for heartburn and he gave me magnesium trisilicate.somehow it relieves me.thank you so much for this info and hope i will finally get rid of my acid reflux.GOD BLESS
    • Posted

Hi: Magnesium trisilicate is a type of antacid.  While they are relatively safe, they can also cause some bad side effects if taken too often or too long.  Antacids are often used when a persons esophageal sphincter is weak and opens up allowing stomach acid to splash up and burn the esophagus lining.  Over time the esophagus can develop scar tissue which can make it harder for the sphincter to make a good seal. 

Let me know how the carbonated water treatment works for you.

John

• Posted

tnx for the reply jonathan57679...we dont have carbonated water onboard now...il be going home  by next week and will try right away your method.i was considering of going to the doctor before i go home but guess its more better if a have a check up at home.i have tried losec before but not really effective.what is the side effect of magnesium trisilicate if taken 2tablets daily for over a month?thank you so much again..
    • Posted

Stomach acid is there for a very good reason.  It provides a protective barrier to kill bacteria in food  If the bacteria gets to the intestines it can make us sick.  Stomach acid also breaks down minerals in our food.  Using antacids or acid blockers can cause a person to get porous, weak bones, which can facture or break.  It can also lead to dimensia or memory loss.  Also, if protein is not broken down properly, a person could end up with muscle issues, heart damage or undigested protein in the bloodstream causing allergies or high uric acid levels.

I took antacids and acid blockers for about 10 years, fortunately I did not have any bone fractures but I did end up with diabetes.  Possibly from mineral deficiencies.   Most acid blockers have instructions to use them for no more than 14 days,  But most people use them for months or years. 

I don't think a month or two of use has caused you any harm, but it would be healthier to be able to get off them as soon as you are able to.

John

• Posted

tnx john....i also had this experience wherein at night i could not breath....so many times....i had endoscopy in the US way back 2001 when our ship was there but doctors found nothing.i was repatriated the next day and when i arrived in ph had another endoscopy and still same result.i had been an excessive drinker before and maybe thats the cause of my aicd reflux.i am now 56 and its only lately that i begun to experience hardbreathing again.one instance i eat so much nuts and heavy meal and at night my bp shoot up(i have bp monitor)that i have to take catapres. Before i went onboard my doctor told me to have maintenance.i only brought a month prescription since i feel i really dont need it.i have been monitoring my bp daily and seems normal.its only when i have this heartburn that i begin to panic and having hardbreathing.anyway i hope i could get a chance to buy carbonated water when we could be in port.its quite hard to go ashore since im in tankership and often far from the city.tnx again john...really appreciate your time
    • Posted

Do they serve soda pop on board?  Like diet coke.  That would be an acceptable substitute for the carbonated water.
    • Posted

unfortunately we only have regular coke and fanta....anyway few days more and i can start taking carboanated water.Lately my acid reflux seem to subside.I reduced my food consumption during breakfast as i really eat heavy breakfast and its helping alot.thanks again jonathan...hope  many will get cured with your method..wil inform you of my progress...
    • Posted

Thanks, for the update.  If you don't have any other health issues, you could use the Coke or Fanta and just do the excecise once per day for now until you get the carbonated water.  What do you think?

• Posted

hi jonathan...sorry for late update.its just now that i have net access.I have taken coke for four days already and seems and having positve result.its abit hard to control not to let go of the gas the first day but did manage about 5mins.next day was 10 mins until today.il be going home tomorrow and wil be trying carbonated water by then.will keep you updated...GOD BLESS
    • Posted

Very good to hear that it has started to help.  Keep up the good work.  Thanks for the update.  J
    • Posted

hi jonathan...been drinking carbonated water for 1wk now and i can say its helping alot.maybe after a month i can totally feel best result.really im so glad i chanced in this forum.my heartful thanks to you for sharing your method
    • Posted

You're very welcome.  I'm glad it's working for you.  Keep up the good work.  In some people the esophageal sphincter has a tendancy toward weakness.  So, even after you feel better you should still do this treatment once a week or so.  Also, I eat plain probiotic yogurt every day to help keep down the bad bacteria in the gut.  That reduces the bloating and gas. 

All the best, J

• Posted

Hi John,

Is carbonated water bad for an already irritated esophagus?

Erin

• Posted

A creative option for the wedge is to place one (or two, depending on the bed size, on each side) between the box spring and mattress so there is no discomfort, rolling off, or hassling with it. It was better than the trouble of risers as someone suggested-- it's easy and functions perfect!

• Posted

Hello John, I am very interested in trying this. I have been on the meds for way to long but my chest pains are unbearable if I go off the meds. Does pepsi work or does it have to be the carbonated water? How long should I try this method before I try to come off the pills. I have been taking the meds for about a year.
    • Posted

I am concerned that you are saying chest pains, have you seen your physician about this.  Most doctors are clueless as to the devistating side effects of ppi drugs. 
    • Posted

Hi Dane:  How are you doing?  I would like to know if the carbonated water treatment has helped you.  To get off of ppi drugs, I used standard antacids to help during the day and slowly worked down to just one small dose before bed.  I believe it is best to open the capsules to prevent the drug from burning a sore spot on the stomach lining.  Then you can more easily lower the dose.  I was able to just take 1/4 of the tiny time pills by the time I stopped the ppi's.  Now, I just take 1/2 of a chewable antacid before bed.  Jonathan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.