How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Posted , 202 users are following.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions, I discovered a low cost solution.  Two or three times a day I drink orange flavored carbonated mineral water.  After drinking it, I hold back the burp for 3 to 5 minutes, sometimes longer.  Then burp the air out.  Make sure to always do this right before bed.  This forces the esophageal sphincter to work hard to hold down the increasing air pressure.  It is the only way to strengthen this muscle.  After nearly 2 years of nexium,  I am now completely off acid blockers and only take a sip of water with sodium bicarbonate before bed, just for protrection. Please try this and let me know if you also find relief from acid reflux.  I hope you do.  Regards, John

34 likes, 866 replies

866 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi John,I have GERD since about 2 months,main symptom was bad dry coughing.I hate taking medications so I changed my diet,chew my food longer,eat an early dinner etc.. my coughing is almost gone but I hear of complications in your esophagus if not operated.Do you think your soda method would fix it or should I opt for surgery?
    • Posted

You need to try the carbonated water treatment first.  Surgery, such as fundoplication, can also have many side effects and will require lifelong lifestyle changes.  My method strengthens the esophageal sphincter and allows a person to get back to their normal life.  You can send me a list of all your meds from the last 3 years and I will try to detemine if some of them can aggrivate your GERD.
    • Posted

Thank you very much,I don't take any medications except for Tylenol or brufen for an occasional headache.I used to take a lot of supplements like vitamin C,D,E Zinc fish oil etc.. but after finding out fish oil aggravates acid reflux I've stopped taking any supplements at all.

I will definitely try the carbonated water treatment first

• Posted

Hi I tried your treatment and my coughing was gone for good for a week but has resumed again,not as often & severe as before (I still continue with treatment) is there something else additional I should do like I was taking a probiotic before,should I take an antacid if so can u tell me which brand,Thank you again for the tip it has definitely made my life easier.

• Posted

I noticed when I drink my coconut seltzer water or any flavored seltzer (without sugars) it helps as the burping helps me. The globus is very annoying and of course nothing is there. Thanks for posting!
  • Posted

I noticed when I drink my coconut seltzer water or any flavored seltzer (without sugars) it helps as the burping helps me. The globus is very annoying and of course nothing is there.  Think I'll try this more often! Thanks for posting!

• Posted

Remember that my method involves holding back the burp for at least 5 minutes.  Doing this 4 or 5 times a day to start.  Then work up to holding down the burp for 20 minutes.  If you can strengthen your esophageal sphincter, your globus will likely improve.  Globus can be caused by silent reflux which causes inflamation of the esophagus.  Inflamation of the esophagus can throw off the synchronization of the esophageal muscles and thus the feeling of something in the throat.   Try out my method, it may take a few months for the inflamation to resolve, but it will get better.  John
    • Posted

I can hold down the burp quite well. It does seem to give me a bit of relief. I was diagnosed by my doc with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR or silent reflux). It comes & goes. I eat very healthy. Whole foods, fruit, veggies, etc. rarely eat junk and I get the globus sensation when I eat just about anything. Hate the feeling. Omeprazole started to help but it seems to be coming back. Had the endoscopy & all clear. It's so annoying and I'm trying your method, seems to be helping on day 1. I'm not sure why I'm getting the LPR but I guess at 52 these things are going to be popping up. I'm going to work at this method as it makes sense and the seltzer did help! Thanks Johnathan...

• Posted

I was on acid blockers for many years.  The manufacturer recomended only 14 days maximum.  Omeprazole is just masking the problem, allowing the liquid stomach contents to slosh up the esophagus.  That reflux can also be inhaled and stop a persons breathing.  Eventually, you will be able to get off the Omeprazole, but it won;t be easy.  Acid blockers also cause the stomach to react by producing even more proton pumps.  So you will need to wean off slowly.  Keep me posted as to your progress.  J
    • Posted

Johnathan, been drinking the seltzer faithfully for a week. Today is the second day I don't have a globus feeling. Yesterday was amazing. I'm going to keep up the strenghtening of my sphincter  so it doesn't come back. I also quit the omemprazole after a month. Meds seemed to help at first then it came back. Now I have to figure out what sets it off. Giving up coffee didn't help so I'm drinking it again. After my oatmeal breakfast, it started so will lay off oatmeal a few more days then try it. Blessings~Christine

• Posted

Hi Christine:  I'm very happy to hear that this treatment is helping you.  Keep up the good work.  It takes time for the esophagus and stomach to heal.  Some things that seem to help me are extra virgin olive oil, a tablespoon 3 or 4 times a day if it is agreeable with you.  Also, liquid vitamin E and D are soothing and healing.  I'm confident you can beat this.  Jonathan

• Posted

Hi Christine- I too am suffering for 4 months with the globus feeling but my ENT did say my throat was inflammed when looking down with scope. All other tests Endoscope, Barium swallow and thyroid ultrasound were good with no signs of GERD just a small hiatal hernia which they said would not cause this so ENT diagnosis was LPR. I have been miserable and keep trying different things but nothing seems to work. I tried the PPI's for 6 weeks with no relief so got off of them. I am on Makuna honey, DGL, Vit D and B-12, Aloe and I am about to try digestive enzymes. I just need to heal my throat! I am going to try Jonathans fizzy water to see if it helps. I am also on a very restrictive alkaline diet. I am so sick of this feeling sometimes it feels like my throat is tightening up it drives me crazy. Are you doing anything else for your globus- did your ENT see any inflammation in your throat- I just feel so alone and seeing your post gives me hope! 

• Posted

One more thing.  You may want to have your blood sugar checked, it's called an A1C test.  There seems to be a connection with diabetes and stomach issues.  J

• Posted

I eat very healthy already. Follow a Weight Watchers type diet for nearly 30 years, I do eat chocolate, sweets, breads, etc. in limits. My weight is fine and I don't eat greasy or fried foods. So I'm baffled as to why this is happening. I have to say the fizzy/seltzer water helps tremendously. I quit the PPIs but will take some of the gummy/ soft chew antacids if needed, my doc recommended those. Too many supplements bother me and I think this is why I have the issue so I quit supplements for a bit to see if that helps. Doc also recommended gummy vitamins. It's easier on my stomach. I'm not diabetic & won't go to ENT as I already know they are going to tell me the same thing as everyone else. Gave up coffee and that didn't help. I really think it's the supplements I was taking. Try no supplements and drink the fizzy water. It has helped me. Christine

• Posted

Hi Jonathan just found this conversation hope you're still here to help me. Don't really have heartburns and difficulty of breathing. I have burning pain in my upper stomach and burning pain in my throat as well and sometimes my throat can be very very dry I always burp as well, and when I take gaviscon my stomach is gurgling. Do you think your method can help me with my problem? The burning pain is really scaring me that the acid already damaged my oesophagus a lot.

• Posted

Hi do you also feel burning pain in your throat and sometimes it's very dry?can you tell me what are your other symptoms if you don't mind? Thank you

• Posted

Hi- My main symptom is this damn lump in throat sensation and feeling like food is stuck between my esophagus and stomach- it is sort of a knawing feeling. I had a couple good days now I am back where I started from. At night I get a very dry throat and when I wake up it is extremely dry but does not burn. You must be getting acid or pepsin up into your throat. I ordered the pepsin salivary test just to see if I had excess Pepsin in my saliva and it came out that I had very high pepsin in one of the three tests. The only other thing I know for sure is I have a small Hiatal Hernia and that my throat was moderately inflammed when I had the scope from the ENT. My endoscope and barium swallow showed no Gerd. It was only after my endoscope that I started with this lump in throat so I think the doctor hurt my nerves in my throat or something. Just so bummed out becasue I thought I was doing better with my digestive enzymes, probiotic and this fizzy water but not feeling great today! Try some makuna honey for the throat take it after each meal and at bedtime- keep it in your mouth and slowly let it go down. It has to be level 16 to heal. There are different kinds out there but this level is the best.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you're having more issues.  I have refused any endoscopy or other intrusive diagnostics because I was concerned they would do more damage that good.  Hopefully, that damage will heal quickly.  Have you ever tried marshmallow tea.  It provides a protective coating all the way down and in the stomach.  It can help you to heal.  Also, you need to be careful with the honey.  In my attempt to put out the fire by eating carbs and honey, I ended up with diabetes, even though I have no family history of diabetes.  Because of the constant nausea and stomach issues I was not able to take my usual mineral supplements.  Basically, I starved my pancreas and damaged it by taking acid blockers and no supplements. 

After my diabetes diagnosis, I immediately did research and found that mineral are critical.  Also, cinnamon can help the pancreas.  So by taking these supplements I was able to bring down my A1C from 9.2 to 7.2 in just 5 weeks.  My doctor was rather shocked.  But it shows how important vitamins and minerals are to regaining a persons health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.