How I cured my BV!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am so excited to be posting this and never thought the day would actually ever come!! I have suffered with BV since I was 17 years old, now almost 22. I tried every possible home remedy, every type of meds from the doctor, nothing cured it forever! Seems I would get rid of it and only a week later it returns. The past 4 years I always thought it was semen that triggered my BV, I was wrong. It seemed to only come back after my SO ejaculating in me. After lots and lots of research and reading what has helped other woman... I decided to complete my medication from my GYNO and quit washing with scented soap! Ever since I stopped washing with my highly scented soaps...I have had no signs of BV! And to be honest all I use is a warm wash cloth in the shower after washing my body with my normal body wash. I am going on almost 2 months with no BV... and me and my s/o have entercourse almost every night!!! So happy to be able to say this! IM BV FREE!! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there, im the exact same ive had it since i was 17 and now 22 also and i get it every week, i thought it was seamen too or my periods causing it, its so draining, i tend to use the olay shavers with the built in soap and i was maybe wondering if this was also the cause but im totally unsure

• Posted

I too use the O'lay razors & have continued and had no problems. Every woman is different & every one has different things that trigger BV. My best advice is try to figure out what triggers yours. I know it's easier said then done as it took me almost 5 years to figure it out. You could try using a different razor. But my thing is, I had to "cure" BV with the prescribed meds first! Once I finished my medication is when I stopped using the soaps to wash. It could very well be the soaps that are throwing off you PH balance but you will not know until you "cure" then proceed washing with no scented soaps.  I have taken this medication, metronidazole, many many times and it ALWAYS came back. This last time I took it is when I noticed the smell was completely gone, and I stopped using soaps down there hoping it wouldn't be back in a few days. 

• Posted

Oh my word!! I wonder if that's what is wrong with me!!! I was diagnosed with BV and I felt amazing after the 3rd day!!! What a huge difference!! Then the next time I had sex the smell was back!!! I ran to my Dr and they prescribed me the cream. Again , fixed the issue. Then I had sex again (all with the same partner) and it came back!?! I ran to my Dr and she said it was BV that it was nothing? Maybe cause it was on the 5th day and the smell started going away. But it takes a week after sex to not smell myself. But after reading this post....I also have been using scented soaps!!!! I usually just use regular bar soap but my new bf likes using scented bodysoaps!!! Ism going to switch back and see if this is my issue. IAM obsessed on how my vagina smells!!so not normal. This has been going on for months!!!!

• Posted

Yes! I hope this post helps fix your problem too!! I completely stopped using soap to wash down there! I just use a warm wash cloth & everything has been so perfect since I stopped with the scented soaps! Keep me updated! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.