How i cured my BV

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 31 years old and suffered from bv for 2 years. I tried everything u could possibly imagine but what ultimately worked for me was first, I stopped having sex, then I started skipping my period pills in my birth control pack for 4 months. Getting my period was a trigger for me. During this time I took one more dose of the clindamycin at the start of the 4 months. After I finished that I used boric acid suppositories twice a week. I followed up with my doctor once a month to make sure the BV bacteria was gone. (She's able to look under a microscope right there in her office) after 4 months of doing this I had sex for the first time. Of course all I could do was panic thinking the BV would come right back but nothing happened. I followed up with my doctor 7 days after having sex to confirm the BV didn't come back & sure enough, it hadn't come back! I've been BV free for a little over 2 years now. I still go in every couple months and get my PH balance checked as well as a vaginal swab that she'll look at under the microscope purely because I'm still paranoid it will come back but it hasn't. I still use the boric acid suppositories once a week ( if I can remember) but all in all the boric acid has been a life saver! I have to say my gyno was the best during this time. She supported everything I wanted to try & we literally did trial & error for 2 years until we found what worked for me. Side note: I still skip my period pills for 3 months & on the 4th month I take the period pills in my birth control pack. I don't use tampons, only pads at this point. Hope this helps!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your gyno is smart. Many of them wont look under the microscope!

• Posted

If your paging for i don't know why they wouldn't. I do know for a while she had to send the swab to the lab because she didn't have a microscope. Then she got the microscope & that was game changer because we could know right then versus wait on the lab.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.