How I dealt with Pitriasis Rosea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Treating Pityriasis Roses

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ive had a rash for about 3 weeks now, It started with a red itchy dot on my shoulder so I thought nothing of it. A couple days later I had two on my stomach that turned into a herald patch. I went to the doctor and they prescribed me Prednisone 20mg 2tabs twice a day for 7 days. DONT TAKE THAT MEDICATION it was terrible, I had horrible side effects on the medication and even worse after I stopped taking it. Ive been withdrawaling from the steroids which does not help when your stressed over a rash spreading over your body. I cant afford to keep going to the doc with no insurance so I googled some natural remedies. 

I went and bought a Vitamin B complex vitamin, Coconut oil, and Myrrh. Ive been taking the vitamins for one day and doing the oils for two. I mix the two oils together and spread from my neck to toes. Apprently this is supposed to help with the itch and reduce the appearence, so im experimenting to see how it works. So far it hasnt gotten any worse that I can tell, but im pretty much covered from my neck down past my pelvic area. Im hopeing this remedy will stop it from spreading any further down my legs. I will post back in a few days and let you know how its working. Good luck! 

• Posted

Hi Heather

I cleared mine in pretty much two weeks. Got head and shoulders dandruff shampoo and used as body wash twice a week. Did solarium for 6 minutes three times a week for two weeks and just doing one weekly now, and within a week, the angry welts/ rash was gone and they started drying up and now hardly noticeable. I was using anti fungal cream and cortisone as well together but on its own doesnt seem to do much.

The UV solarium is what did it...I know you have the skin cancer thing, but 6 minutes just got rid of it, by 2 sessions it was pretty much gone and I am just plying on the the moisturiser in between in gallons.

Good luck....I was mortified when it happened and it started on my face as well - that is when I really panicked!!

smile

• Posted

I have this red scaly kinda raised only like in the middle,  and it's red. Then my stomach broke out on my side and sometimes on my stomach.  I also have this weird hot flash that goes through me only in the bumps though... It's been three days since I found out,  I went to the hospital..  They said it was anxiety,  which was some of the problem,  then today..  I found that it has spread to my back..  Are these the symptoms you had with this?  I have no insurance so I can't go to the doctor.. Please let me know,  I have really bad anxiety. 
    • Posted

Hey Taylor,

Sounds like it most likely is PR. It normally starts with one patch called "the mother patch" or also a "herald" patch. It normally has a scally apearence and is shaped like a circle or oval. Normally shortly after you will break out on your stomach, back, neck,arms,legs etc. Its very rare for it to spread on your face. I've had mine for almost a month now and it has spread from my jaw line down to my thighs. Its a little itchy but could be worse. Going to the doctor won't matter this heals on its own. Whatever you do don't itch it! Take Luke warm showers with unscented soaps, use like Dove bar soap. Also using coconut oil helps the appearence not be so red and will keep you more comfortable.

Start taking a vitamin b complex. I take Vitamin B complex 100 its really good for you and can only help. Also u can take oatmeal baths. Use itch creams, or Google natural remedies online there are a few different things u can try. 

It normally lasts 6-8 weeks sometimes longer but that's worst case scenario. Hang in there and research the condition it will help. Also take an antihistamine like claritin or benadryl. Drink lots of water and take care of yourself. This condition sucks a lot but time will heal it. 

I think it's caused by intense stress so keep calm!

Hope tb

• Posted

Sounds about right. Normally it starts with a herald patch followed shortly by a breakout on your stomach, back, arms, neck etc. Very rarely does it spread to the face. Doctors can't do much besides prescribe anti itch creams. Take an antihistamine like benadryl or claritin which doesn't make u drowsy. Take Luke warm showers or baths. U can take oatmeal baths or google other natural remedies that help.

I started taking vitamin B complex 100 and spread coconut oil mixed with myrrh from neck to toe twice a day. It helps keep you moisturized and reduce itch. Avoid scented soaps use Dove bar soap or something gentle. Dont itch it! It will make it worse can also cause infection. This will heal on its own after 6-8weeks sometimes longer in worst case scenario. 

Google the condition and natural remedies its helped a lot. 

It will get worse before it gets better but hang in there. I think its caused by stress so keep calm and take care of yourself. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!

• Posted

I've been dealing with a similar rash for the past week now. I'm not sure if it's Pityriasis Rosea though... I have been searching forums trying to find other people who have a rash that looks like mine because I am darker skin toned so the images on google of PR didn't help me all that much to know if t's exactly that. The first spot that I noticed on my arm looked like a Ringworm but then about 2 days later I started getting more spots in the same area (on my right arm) that were smaller but i realized that I already got one on my back that looked like it's been there for about 3 or 4 days before the one on my arm. Now I have maybe over 20 little ones on my back and belly and a few more on both of my arms and I'm starting to get a few small ones on my legs particularly near my groin area but it seems to have started on my back.. They're only a bit itchy when they first pop up but then they grow and become less itchy, no itch at all really. Oh and I did geta cold around the time when I started developing the rash so I don't know if the two are related somehow.. 
    • Posted

I feel like a newcomer here, but I would really recommend taking yourself to a tanning salon and doing minimum of 5-6 minutes three times a week, and couple this with head and shoulders dandruff shampoo as a body wash. This got rid of mine and it was absolutely out of control within about three days and then mild, and now almost nothing four weeks after it came. I went to a top dermatologist who gave me cortisone and said it could take up to 6 months to go. I used the cortisone a bit just for the itch, but it is not really that itchy. I was incredibly busy and stressed at the time, and the rash just got me moreanxious...but seriously it is pretty much gone. The UV light was the main thing I would go for or even just lying out in the sun for a bit, but he tanning salon is more uniform and you can do a short time.

It is a horror condition...especially when they say you just have to wait!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.