How I got better in 2 weeks! Heal from the inside out. Take probiotics!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Pityriasis Rosea started with a small red patch under my arm.  I thought my skin was rubbing on my sports bra since I had just started working out again, so I thought nothing of it.  Two weeks later I broke out with the rash.  It started with small bumps that looked like an allergic reaction but after a day it was all over my body, from my neck down to the groin. Of course I researched like crazy and tried all the remedies. Head and shoulders helped to dry it out, but then I had to keep applying thick cream to sooth it after.  My cousin has eczema so she gave me a cream, which helped to calm down the itch and overall uncomfortable feeling. It can sting a little at first, but that goes away after a few minutes.  I also used Benadryl cream to stop the itch when it really got bad. I didn't go tanning, but took any opportunity to sit out in the sun. But the best remedy I found was healing from the inside. I started taking probiotics and other homeopathic remedies to boost my immune system. I also drank at least one vitamin supplement a day. Since this rash seems to be caused by a virus and can come along with a cold or flu, the most important thing you can do is not stress and do whatever you can to boost that immune system! I have chronic sinusitis, so i'm on antibiotics all the time.  I believe this is what made my immune system so low and allowed me to catch this nasty thing.  My doctor said I should really be on probiotics more often and continue to take vitamins.  Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm happy to share my experience. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I went out and bought Probiotics today, thanks for the tip, I'm on day 13 now with this rash, it doesn't really seem to be itchy anymore but boy it's all over from my chest to upper thigh area and a few on my arms, I'm covered!
  • Posted

Also how long was it before yours stopped spreading?
    • Posted

Mine got worse before it got better. It was mostly on my torso and upper arms for the first week. The second week my chest started to dry up but the rest of my body got worse and it spread down to my wrists and thighs. After the end of the second week was when mine really started to clear up. I was fully recovered after about 3 weeks of the full rash and one week of the herald patch. My skin is more of an olive color so I have white patches all over my stomach and arms from still. If you itched, definitely put on some healing lotion or cream cause you could end up with white blotches like I did. Let me know if you have any other questions! I hope the probiotics help! It's also good to just take vitamins and boost your immune system any way you can.
    • Posted

When you used the head & shoulders did it seem to aggravate the rash? How do I know if it's helping it or hurting it? I bought the blue bottle with the orange liquid and how often did you wash with it?
    • Posted

Any time i showered the rash got worse.  I would use the head and shoulders as quiclky as possible in a cool shower. When I came out it was usually red and a bit itchy, but I'd put lotion on right away which cooled it down.  It's best to use cold or cool water, which I know is not fun, but warm or hot water inflames the rash. Honestly, I tried as best i could to not shower.  I would "sponge bathe" most days and only shower when I really needed to and washed my hair in the sink. But I used the head and shoulders as body wash any time I showered.
    • Posted

I read up on Head and Shoulders a bit and how it works.  Here's what they said, "Pyrithione zinc (contained in Head & Shoulders) is antibacterial and antifungal, meaning it will kill whatever it is on your scalp (the yeast irritation) that is causing the dandruff. Also, zinc is an essential mineral that is particularly important in renewing healthy skin cells, so if any zinc is absorbed at the scalp, it will help your body heal and form a healthy scalp faster."  I think the head & Shoulders is most helpful when you're starting to heal.  
    • Posted

Thank you for looking into that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.