How I got rid of ME/CFS after having it all my life

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had ME/CFS since age 5 years. I have been wheelchair bound and at one point bed bound, on one occasion for three years. Everyday I had a fuzzy head and my husband was not aloud to speak to me until after lunch. I had migraine, malaise, sensitivity to light, noise and smells. I was exhausted most of the time and it felt as though I had been in a road traffic accident. I even got rid of my beloved Siamese cat as I couldn't cope with him moving around and wanted my life to end. I read that a shortage of magnesium causes tiredness and a shortage of vitamin D causes the migraines and fuzzy  head problems and to take calcium with these two so the body can absorb them. I was cured and felt elated after a few days!! Have a look at the internet regarding vitamin D deficiency and look at you tube at real life changes this supplement has made.TRY IT AS IT WORKED FOR ME. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If it is that easy why has someone not come up with it before? We go away tomorrow so I won't be able to access what I need until I get back. Thanks for the tip though.

Regards Alison

• Posted

Doctors are doctors of medicine not doctors of alternative medicine so they won't recommend supplements. 
  • Posted

Yes, I agree that the Vitamin D3 and magnesium have helped me immensely but that alone is not a miracle cure. It is a step in the right direction. Fresh air, short walks, chiroopractic appts. have also aided me in my quest for remission. It is different for every as is some of the symtoms. 
  • Posted

Well my vitamin D status was 135nmo so i am definetely not deficient. There is ALOT more to CFS that a simple vitamin or mineral deficiency.
  • Posted

If that is the case then why are blood results coming back normal for vitamin D. As far as I am aware the doctors check this to rule out everything else and then diagnose CFS.  Thanks for tip though. 
  • Posted

Another thing I should add  I don't talk to my Doctors about my M.E. I have found that there is not point. I was diagnosed in 1992 and since then have changed practice and I don't go to the new practice with my M.E. I have mentioned it in passing if I have gone with anything else like a bad shoulder or dizziness etc.
  • Posted

I agree with David, i am really high in vitamin D and still have this...i do think magnesium has a huge role to play though in muscle relaxation and i do feel better after spraying mag on my muscle aches...still not better though...ME is made up of so many elements

Some are mineral deficiency, some are food intolerance, some are stress, some are hormonal probs, some are actually lyme disease, some anxiety...some as Mickel believes are too an overstimulated Hypothamulus...that is why its so difficult to treat as every person is different from the next

I do believe you can get better from it, just got to find out what your thing is and then your able to tackle it...you have found your thing...well done Im jealous ;O)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.