How I got rid of my folliculitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

I recently had folliculitis on both sides of my face in the beard area. I saw the doctor and also a dermatologist about the issue. The doctor gave me antibiotics that didn't help. The dermatologist gave me a retnoid cream that didn't work either. I found a potential solution on the internet. Rubbing antibacterial soap into the infected area twice daily. Orignially I thought this wouldn't work because the professionals I had seen hadn't been able to help me but I felt desperate and out of options. It had been on my checks and lower jaw for more than a year. Also it had spread from just 2 bumps to 20+ bumps on both sides.

I went to my local supermarket and brought an antibacterial soap for $2. I purchased one that said gentle on the packet. I would run my face under a tap first. Then I would take the soap in my hands and rub them togeather until I had a lather of suds. I would then rub it into the areas that was inflamed and infected. I would leave it on for a couple of minutes then rinse it off. I did it twice a day and after about a week I started to see results. At first the areas went from dark red to pink. Also the pustules would became very dry and would eventually flake off. There was no longer an infection under them.

I continued to do this for about 2 months but then stopped because the folliculitis had completely cleared up. Hopefully this helps someone out there. You could even just do one small area of skin and if you don't see results after 2 weeks then know it's not right for you.

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.