How I'm overcoming anxiety!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel compelled to share my journey with anxiety. Im not to drag out my history with anxiety. My recovery process is somewhat extensive lol. I am a believer in natural remedies when it comes to our bodies freaking out on us. I'm going to give a run down on what I do daily...sometimes not even everyday anymore.

7 Am.. take 2 omega 3's (fish oil) and 1000mg of vitamin c. Around 9am I take a mood boost(a mixture of herbs in pill form). I also sip on chamomile in the afternoon. This could make you sleepy but most anxiety sufferers will not have that problem. If I'm feeling anxious still I will take an extra 200mg of L-theanine. Once I get home around 6 I might have another cup of tea. Around 8-9 I take a hot bath with 1 cup of Epsom salt. And then before bed I take a magnesium pill and 2 muscle relax (another blend of herbs..skullcap,valerian etc)

Those are just the supplements I incorporate each day. There's also the nutrition aspect. I recommend earing clean as possible!!!! For example..I have for breakfast a banana...lunch will be a sandwich with whole grain bread, turkey or chicken (natural source of vit b) with tomato and mustard. Dinner I will have eggs or a poultry with veggies or potato. Snacks I also keep as clean as possible but I do have an ice cream bar in the eveningssmile I also excersice. ..this some of the best advice I can give you. This will help in so many ways...your mood, your sleep etc. Try to get at least 20 minutes in...3-4 days a week. If you suffer with sleep problems then everday. Make it a sweaty workout..it's easier than it soundssmile

I went from taking klonopin and effexor everyday to this. I no longer take any form of prescribed medication!!! I have experimented for a while with these things and found this really works. I can't say that it works for everyone but I believe it would most. It's worth trying. Don't be scared to get off the prescriptions. I also found that finding a small locally owned health store helped. Much more personal and will help you!! Please if you have any questions feel free to asksmile

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for posting this. It helps knowing there are other things to use when I do wean myself from prescription drugs
    • Posted

Your welcomesmile It helped me with little to no side effects quitting klonopin cold turkey!!

• Posted

you got very lucky or it was really you had a low dose. Im not sure.
    • Posted

I was on a low dose. I never wanted to take more thank goodness. Higher doses lead to great dependencies and needing to gradually come off which scared me! I'm thankful I didn't take the recommended dose...I could be in a completely different situation.

• Posted

Yea i was on a higher dose. And back then they were persistent it wasnt addictive. It was haha. I still got off just in an unpleasant way. You did good and you have a nice routine to keep yourself in a calm state so very imoressive.
    • Posted

Well kudos to getting off of it!!! It's addictive in the worst way. I belive it's the closest thing to an illicit street drug. I've never done any street drug but comparing the two are one in the same. Klonopin is just legal. It saddens me to see people like us going to our ops for help and that's what we get. It's horrible.

• Posted

Does the L theanine really help with anxiety that well? I take clonazepam as well. How much clonazepam did you take? Did you have a hard time getting off of it? What kind of magnesium do you take? I'm kind of scared to take some supplements with my medication. I also take Paxil. It has stopped working and I'm still on it and I'm going through withdrawal from both medications.

• Posted

The l-theanine is great for calming anxiety. I take 400MG of magnesium nightly. Most herbs you can experiment with and take more. They have recommended doses but play with them and see what's comfortable for you. I took .5 of klonopin for 3+ years. I quit cold turkey with only a couple nights of tossing and turning ss a withdrawal. Higher doses need to taper but I was on a low dose and was easy to quit. I've also been on Paxil but quit that with no side effects years ago and I also stopped effexor with little to no side effects. There isn't one magical pill tgat will help withdrawal symptoms...I firmly believe it's a combination of herbs, supplements and taking very good care of your body!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.