How I quit Remeron

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had some family issue and having anxiety and couldn't sleep for about three weeks. i took 7.5 mg remeron for 3 weeks, then i felt the anxiety still. so i increased to 15mg for 2 weeks. then my nightmare started. anxiety , Hot flash, Hot and cold on the skin, fast heartbeat, muscle twisting. suddenly feel sad, make me so nervous about what’s going to happen next. could not sleep because the hot flash. i added 1/4 more for 1 week. then i realize it was the drug caused. doctor gave me venlafaxin to swith to which i only tried once and it was horrible. i took 1 week to quit remeron to 0. doctor told me to quit everything. i'm on day 10 without remeron. i used Xanax For anxiety and ambien for sleep. i read so many horrible stories about quit remeron. i have to say you have to believe you can quit. will be better. just want other people know it can be horrible experience. don't just take drug.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long after you quit remeron did you have withdrawal? Im on 3.75mg 2 days now ańd thinking about quitting altogether tonight just to get it over with, i have nausea and feel sick. It is better today than yesterday though.

• Posted

I am off 2 weeks now. I was on it for 4 years. I gained 40 pounds and weigh more than I ever have even during pregnancy. This is the worst drug. I am not in the medical field and am not suggesting that anyone listen to my advice. I am sure some people benefit from it but not me. I realize now that I have been living in a fog for the past 4 years and still suffered from anxiety and panic every day. I started my taper in January and did it without my doctors help. I just cut a little bit off the tablet once a month and really only suffered from hot flashes, nausea, and vivid nightmares. I feel the best I have felt in 4 years. My mind is clearing, off blood pressure medicine and when I feel the anxiety coming on I have the ability to calm it down. I am certainly not suggesting any one come off this medication but am only telling you that if I can do it you can. I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, the nightmares are going away and I feel happy. Just don't jump off too fast. I tried before and was back on it quickly. I am determined this time to stay off. Good Luck! You can do this. I really wish someone had told me to never start this crap but they didn't and I was desperate at the time.

• Posted

this drug shouldn't even exist

• Posted

day 1,2,3 feeling good. but nightmare haven't start yet. day 12 feel better, hopefully form now on better each day. one guy told me he off for 6 weeks. keep positive! this drug schouldn't even exist!

• Posted

I absolutely agree! Never have I had such terrible thoughts or such scary vivid nightmares.

• Posted

i can't take, save me, can't think possitive

• Posted

You are stronger than you think. It will get better and you will beat this. You may have to go back on it a taper slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.