how I solved my blepharitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had meibomitis or blepharitis (not very noticeable)My doctor told me to clean my eye lids each night with baby shampoo but my eyes were irritated always.. my poor eyes. Then I got the courage to stop cleaning them.. and the episodes of blepharitis (a dot of grease? that appear in my eyelid when I ate too much grease and I was exposed to the dust or dirt)were less often. By then I was taking 2 pills of omega3 a day and my eyelids were greasy (for the omega 3 intake) and I had a diagnostication of an infection of clamidia and I solved the the STD and the episodes of the blepharitis appeared less often .. like one a year or so .. and when that happened I avoided to eat much grease I mean any kind of it, specially the grease which is hydrogenated so I only eat chocolate of real cacao (not cheap versions of it) and when that happened to me I had a glass of alcohol and then somehow the blepharitis dot disappeared.. My case was related with too much intake of grease.

This 2 months I have been taking almost 0 alcohol but I always (as always) have my salads, 2 pieces of wheat bread in the day, etc but what I also added is a clove of garlic in the night, yes a sandwich of garlic and cheese or whatever.

I also avoid to use too much eyeliners or mascara over my eyelashes, etc.

And since 2 years also, I mean after the blepharitis appeared I am not a bulimic any more and maybe this also made a change.

I guess doctors have to be more sensitive , one or 2 told me that I had to learn to live with that and didn't discourage me to use make up for the eyes when I had the episodes of blepharitis.. so be careful with doctors and try the natural healings because is very likely that blepharitis or meibomitis occur when you are eating something not natural, doing something unnatural (bulimics provoke a disorder in their metabolism), eating bad fats (read the ingredients before eating), use of too much make up (and the eye liner is the worst of them as it can provoke blepharitis), or have an underlying infection with whom your body is already fighting, or you are too blue and stress can do \"wonders\" in the body creatig illness of different kind, so be positive! You are going to overcome it, don't have a doubt about it!!!!

Write your case in a paper, write what you eat, you do, when it happened, what was the temperature like, how much alcohol you had, when you had an episode of blepharitis, what triggers it for you. I have a notebook like this too and it was useful.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

A friend and I have cured our Blepharitis. She used an Avon facial scrub and it was working on her eyes as had traveled up on her skin. I found the easier form to use the same product. It is cheap and cures it for around or under $20.00. It Benzethonium Chloride. It is in the WET ONES. A antibacterial hand wipes.

I tore each one into 8 sections. I rubbed each lid twice with a clean section. This was done 4 times a day for 1-2 weeks. Then I went down to 3 times a day for a month. You will know as it feels better. I then used it 2 times a day for 2 months. Once or twice after that it itched and I used them 2 more times.

Three doctors tried to find it in my eyes. Even the doctor who diagnosed the blepharitis couldn't find it and told me it would come back. I said it has been 5-6 months. I've talked to several Doctors and none seem interested. I would like to see people get help. It drove me crazy. They say necessity is the mother of invention. It can also be the mother of the cure. When this friend said it worked on her I jumped on it.

I now understand why that Dr. from down under had to infect himself with the bacteria to prove that antibiotics cured ulcers. I called a eye research place and the woman I spoke to was excited and said she would E-Mail the Dr. and have him call. Never heard from anyone. I only hope a Dr. is willing to try something so simple as this to help people. I am not interested in any form of attention. A Dr. can take the cure and submit it. I don't know how else to reach people with something to help. I am trying this avenue.

Remember it takes 3-4 months. Makeup can be worn. Mascara throw away wands need to be used and one for each eye. Never put a used wand in as will infect you again. I used throw away everything so makeup remained clean. I washed off the makeup as soon as I got home with a separate cloth for each eye using a gentle makeup remover.

• Posted

Thank u for post. Did u lose eyelashes? All my lower ones are gone. I am going to try wet ones! I have an appointment coming up. Hope the doctor gives some advice. But find it often the case you usually have to help

Yourself.

• Posted

Dear libster,

I did not lose my lashes. I had that horrible itching. There was a girl who had Bleph for over 20 years and her lashes had fallen out and the Dr. said they would not grow back. She used the Wet Ones and told me her lashes grew back and she had compliments on them now.

I hope this is encouraging to you.

Just make sure you are not allergic to detergents or fabric softeners , etc that I posted about. If not, you may be surprised how much you relief you can get. The person who lost her lashes and they grew back said she only used the hand wipes 2 times a day as she worked. 

Let me and others know how it works for you.

Lynda79

• Posted

A friend had severe Blepharitis and it was traveling up her eyelid. She found something in an Avon Facial Scrub that worked to kill it. (not available as of now). The ingredient in it was Benzethonium Chloride. I found it in WET ONES. The 2 of us do not have it anymore.

I posted my comment here as can't interest anyone in the subject. It took 4 months. I thought it would be worth it to even help one person as it drove me crazy.

You can feel the result in a week or little more. I went down from 4 times a day to 3 times a day using this method. Then twice a day for several months. Tear it into 8 strips and use a clean one twice on each lid.

Three Doctors couldn't find it in my eyes. Please give it a try as 2 of us know that it works.

• Posted

Ive been bulimic for 6/7 years now and ive never had Blepharitis until now, it flared up 2 weeks back and i did not know what it was, went to the local a&e departnent when i couldnt open my eye due to it being so swolen and filled with puss, they told me to clean it with hot water 3/4 times a day to which i did ans it cleared up,. Once it had gone i stopped cleaning it but now it ia back again on my other eye on the lower eyelid,and its very itchy and sore, ive stopped my bulimia as it is causing my eye to weep and burn.

I jist wondered if there was any link between Bulimia and Blepharitis that anyone knew of, i dont eat a lot but when i do its usually a few crisps or fruit and then something for dinner such as pie and chips or mash potatoes, i eat fruit regularly and have stopped using makeup all together when it flares up as i have read this does not help, i just cant find many cases of people with bulimia having blepharitis, i wanted to know how the bulimia would affect the blepharitis as i feel it makes it worse due to the strain in your eyes.

Just curious as to wether anyone else had the same issue.

Glad you got rid of yours, i have eye wash soloution and hot water baths 4 times a day, i will try and change my diet but im not eating super greasy foods.

• Posted

Thank you dear, for your passionate sharing . It's been a year  I am struggling and having one of the best doctor in town I can',t defeat this Bleph. I also recently fell in love but eyeliner , shadows are NO NO. The only thing I use is mascara  for only 2 hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.