How I tapered off alcohol

Posted , 8 users are following.

This is how I did it and maybe it'll help someone. first bought enough of my favorite beer to taper off(about 8 cases). vitamin B-Complex supplements. and lastly gatorade.

Wake up if hands are shaking have enough beer to get the shakes and sweats away. once they come back have enough beer til the shakes and sweats go away again and continue til end of day. never drank more then needed. each day followed it got better and better and by better i mean the shakes didnt start once i woke up. so about 4-5 days in i only needed about 3-4 beers to get through. always have more beer than enough just incase it comes back because you don't want to run to the store while you got the shakes and anxiety and all that bad stuff. take the vitamins daily. more than it says to because you basically are burning all your vitamin b in your body with alcohol. drink lots of gatorade and water to rehydrate. and when i say lots i mean a whole lot. but everyday got better and better. less and less beer needed to get the shakes off. just remember youre not drinking to get drunk or even buzzed. the beer is your medicine. This is my 5-6 time going through this and i figured ill try tapering off this time cuz the withdrawals is too much. the hallucinations and tinnitus and all that crazyness. this is how i did it guys. good luck.

Oh yeah and... whenever you have a feeling you can eat something and keep it down. eat. whatever you have just eat.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, it sounds easy enough. Could you come to London and talk my husband through this method, please? Because I swear, if I hear another ring-pull being pulled on a can of beer, I'm going to hang myself. The sound makes me furious nowadays. What a waste of a life!
  • Posted

I'm glad you found something that has worked for you.  I have tried that and as soon as I hit drink two - a flip gets switched and I don't stop drinking..  I'm lucky I guess in that I so far have had no physical withdrawal symptoms that I have noticed.  Maybe I haven't given up long enough yet?  I am going to try the vitamins daily.  Well done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.