How important was my checkup after my WPW ablation procedure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two years ago (I was 18) I went to the ER for a racing beyond belief heartbeat. Irrelevant, but the doctor had to go through my jugular to get a needle in and then hit me with the defibrullators (can't spell, sorry). But, within like a week and a half i was getting my ablation done. I wish i remembered what they said it was but after my EKG'S and ultrasound thing i was told i would eventually need to have a valve replaced with an pigs. On top of that I don't even remember what my doctors name was and i feel like a horrible person for that one --. I'm always tired, always nervous/anxious, i always feel lightheaded, fell out for like 5 seconds once, my eating habits are all over the place. So, i was just curious as to how important that checkup was. And, if i need to check in with somebody who would i call? All i know is memorial did it. I guess i can check some of the bills i have? It's just been worrying me a lot more recently and i feel as if my health is getting pretty bad...oh, i also smoke. Thankyou, any input is appreciated!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Elizabeth,

I can't tell you anything about the follow up appt as we too are past due for the check up. I just called yesterday to schedule it. You will feel much better after you make the appointment. It will help to take away some anxiety. Call the hospital where you had the procedure done. They will have your records on file and should be able to help you schedule your follow up. Don't worry about not remembering the doctors name. Don't be hard on yourself. You went through an incredibly stressful situation. I will pray for God to give you peace of mind and to guide you on your path to a heart healthy and anxiety free life 😃 Ask God, he will be there for you. I could not have gotten through this without him. All the best to you.

When you meet with your doctor ask him to recommend a program to quit smoking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.