How interested would you be in a non-invasive blood glucose monitor?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am a fourteen year old with type 1 diabetes and am currently doing a project on non-invasive blood glucose monitoring. As part of my project I am looking in to how useful a monitor like this would be and would really apprecaite your input. Would it make a big difference to your life? Should more time be put in to research? I would be very grateful for any contribution.

Thank you so much, Rebecca

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I'm a eighteen yr old student studying at Loughborough Uni, and I'm also interested in invasive blood glucose monitoring. I think it would be really useful for people particular children and teens.

Have you read about the non invasive wrist watch from 2000 (I think), it was developed by a student at Uni. Really great idea and technology was so advanced but she had some problems with health effects like rashes and some other issues. But it wasn't completely implemented.

Hope this helps in some way

Will

• Posted

I would like a continuous blood glucose monitor because I have lost just about all of the warning signs of a hypo. Sometimes I get as low as 2.5 and feel perfectly OK and yet someone else could be flat out on the floor at just under 4. I heard about a thing called a GlucoWatch a few years ago but it wasn't a success and anyway it wasn't as simple as it sounded as you still had to do fingerprick tests so what was the point of it? If I could just strap on a monitor like a watch without having to have anything inserted under my skin for about a week at a time then that would be great but it looks like regular fingerprick tets will still have to be done for several years yet.
  • Posted

Hi thank you so much for your comments, they have been really helpful. I hadn't thought about non-invasive monitors before but they do seem like the way forward. I will deffinetly check out the non-invasive wrist watch. Thank you!
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca. I've been a type 1 on 4 injections a day for 43 years now. Diabetes has not stopped me doing much in my life but an easier, non-invasive, way to test glucose levels would be fantastic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.