How is everyone?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am much better..a little over a week now without that poison in my system.  Accomplished so much...struggling with some after effects I have caused in my body function.  I have a remedy for the main problem today...which is expensive...but I will do it anyway!  I have been having bathroom issues for over 6 weeks.

​I have seen the Dr. I have been on an antibiotic...but I'm sure all the alcohol and NO FOOD did not help my digestive tract.  I'm not absorbing the water I drink.  So after research and a talk with the pharmacist...I am going to buy some L-Glutamine today (an amino acid, that is supposed to especially target the digestive area and cell (water absorbption).

​Alcohol has not crossed my mind. But because I am not sloshed...Christmas is really nagging at me and I can't wait for it to pass.  there is too much pain in my family and holidays seem to amplify the pain....making a person want to "numb" out AND since I won't be numbing out...I have to "walk" thru this holiday...the best I can.

​If anyone is struggling...I get it...this is one of the hardest times of the year to give up our substance....not only because of the festivities around us...but because of the inside turmoil that occurs for so many.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Bathroom issues I had as well when I quit drinking, I went from diarrheato constpation in a few days... took a couple weeks to work itself out. I ate lots of salads during the time of constpation and also bought chia seeds soaked them in water for about 2 hours before I drank them, but it did help.

Be very proud of your self you are doing great.

I have to get back on track... the last while for me has been very hard.

keep going dont give up you can beat this smile

• Posted

sue...you can do it....when you set your mind to doing it..you will do it.

​Chia seeds...I did read about....but I also read that L-Glutamine...heals the intenstines...I did a number on myself sad.

• Posted

Missy, you are doing so well, congratulations, I am really impressed. Hope you are soon feeling really well. Christmas can be very difficult - maybe you can find somewhere to sing carols and be reminded of what Christmas is really about. God bless you
    • Posted

Thank you h1...I am going to try and stay as positive as possible...I still want the DECEMBER calander gone.

​then my son who will be 30...Jan 1 hasn't talked to me in over 5 months..so that is looming over my head as well....what to do?  I will figure it out..probably leave him a card in his car (he works near my house). 

​I just wish I could blink and have these days gone

• Posted

I am happy for you.I hear this is called relapse season.Also had bowel discomforts.went from diarhea to constipation.Everything will balance out.I know this is selfish but I learned to go out to visit rather than play host.So I can leave whenever I want.I am also careful not to talk at parties about abstinence.It can tend to make people feel defensive or something even if they are the ones who started that topic.It can tend to come up.I just keep the conversation on them by complimenting and take interest in their hobbies.
    • Posted

smile...My family PRAISES my sobriety...no one would EVER wish a drink on me....actually they all abstain...even thou I beg them not too!

I'm all set...at least for Christmas...what am I saying!

​FOREVER.

• Posted

HI Missy2. L-Glutamine sounds really good and YOU ARE OWER THE WORST...guess what?? i had champagne a week ago at bit celebration at work!! 1 1/2 small glasses and it made NO effect whatsover..nice taste but I did not crave it....proud of myself and never told my wife...out of the woods and improving and so are you....keep going since I KNOW that you can do it! best regards Robin
    • Posted

Good job at stopping at 1.5!

I could NEVER do that.  I Wish...then I would feel "normal".

​Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Missy,  I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well.  I know what you mean about the holidays coming up.  If it's not the temptation of the party crowd, it's the desire to escape the emotions, loneliness, etc during this period.  I've decided to volunteer at a local charity celebration for families and homeless on the 24th Dec, and I plan to go to a church celebration on the 25th.  I'm not religious but I think being around positive, straight people, and a bit of music, should provide a lift to the downs I anticipate this holiday. Believe me, this is really a change for me, but I, like you, am afraid that if I don't make a change, I will fall into the trap of boozing to forget.  Does anyone else out there have any other ideas how to get through the holidays?  
    • Posted

Those are great ideas..jacq!

​I can't be around the homeless..I want to take everyone home and save them! So GOD BLESS YOU.

And church..I get it....can't hurt..and you will feel SO GOOD.

VS...drinking...

• Posted

Hi am happy u are doing well, bathroom problems can be due to menopause, listened to a radio programme about it, hot flashes, lack of sleep, moods, etc.
    • Posted

I really think I messed up my pancreas... I know the last time I was in hospital I had pancreatitis very bad.  It could be a combination smile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.