How is everyone doing with this current Corona situation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello people how is everyone doing with this corona stuff lately? we are all at different points I our recovery. must be hard for people who just started their recovery process along side all the stuff that is going on. I am just wondering how this situation is affecting you guys? I have definitely noticed feeling a bit more anxious these days even tho I been on citalopram 20mg 6 months.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi

how are you after 6 months on 20mg.....are you almost recovered?

the virus has sent my anxiety sky high as i struggle being stuck indoors - walking is definitely a help for me but being restricted is very hard....although i fully understand why.

i'm on 7.5mg and need to get to 10mg next but hesitant to move up with all this going on.

• Posted

Hey I was doing very well actually and had just moments of anxiety. Since this corona stuff tho triggered so many changes it has been hard for sure and my anxiety has not been too great. Today I just feel like i am having a pretty bad blip, but this might be due to hormones and the fact that I got a bit drunk on wine last night.

• Posted

that's good to hear you were doing so well but understandable atm - think we're all struggling with the virus issues. hormones are a lot to blame in the anxiety cycle - my periods always cause it to increase my anxiety quite a bit. Katecogs says she's had blips all along the way and stressful situations always set me back a bit, too.

• Edited

Hi Lala all this what's going has put into perspective all the stupid things I used to worry about. When this all blows over I'm going to do everything to start enjoying life again. Take care guys and state safe.

• Edited

im on citalopram 24 weeks in total and past few weeks ive noticed my anxiety gettin up abit.. the random intrusive thoughts have started again n its scaring me again dunno wether to up to 30mg or ride this anxiety out..

• Edited

I was thinking the same about increasing to 30mg. but I think its coincidental with this corona stuff tbh the feeling of anxiety. maybe we should just ride it out and see what happens when it all settles. its normal I think but it sucks how it affects us. intrusive thoughts are the worst and thats what happens to me when the anxiety flares up I get those stupid thoughts.

• Posted

thats the hardest part.. they terrify me and of course the anxiety cycle starts again..i fear losing control.. maybe the virus is affecting the anxiety.. hard to know wether to increase or not xx

• Posted

yes the fear of losing control I the worst for me. i do think the current news are affecting peoples mental health a lot. I was doing really well before all this started. hoping I can just ride it out. if not then I will increase

• Posted

hi

Has anyone changed from 20mg to 30mg of citalopram recently ?

I have to but so scared as feeling low and anxiety sky high just now .

Any help?

• Posted

why do you think you have to? I am thinking if still waiting a bit longer on a 20mg as current situation from my experience makes a lot of people anxious. once it passes should alleviate stress slowly. let's hope it wont last too long.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying .

Recent split from partner , very low mood and very anxious .

Just not sure what to do x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.