How is the painP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am 50 Years

After 20 years of daily drinking and the last 2-3 years heavy I am free since 21 days today

2-3 cigaretts a day and i did stopp also with that for some days ago

All of my illness I treated with alkohol but all of my problem stay when I dont drink

I am in total panic that I have destroyed my body and that was also one of the reason I kept drinking and one of the reasons I stop. Paradox

I have never went to hospital for a Acute Pancreatitis but 2 years ago I had about 4-6 times super strong pain on my upper left side stomach that i treated myself by doing nothing

It stayed for some 1-2 hours sometime more. All times direct after meal and some alkohol. No hospital, the pain was not huge.

This stays after not drinking

Stitche feeling on my ribbs on left side that feels like a bruise on the ribbs always  a specific spott but its not always the same spot put same area. More when laying down.

Headache daily 1-2 H/day

Nausea morning and after meal

Loose stools light colour and almost always more or less fatty and sometimes it feels like i empty my whole system. Diarrhea once a week

Stomach like a balloon for 2 years but went away after stopp drinking (i am still fat like most alcoholic) The balloon effect was bigger after meals

Sometimes foggy sight

My blood was ok but the Dr. told me that my sugar levels are bad but I did ignore it (december)

No weight loss. maybe a little after stopp drinking (3 weeks)

Sometimes it feels like I am losing my breath and my lungs feels week and sometimes my shoulders stitches

I will see a Dr. next week . Suggestions and tips for that meeting?

Where is the pain from the pancreatic? My pain feels like it stitches like a bruise om my ribs on the left side. I can feel it when I touch it 

Thanks

P

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow. You need help now.   You need to change your diet too it sounds like you’re having pancreatic insufficiency with the loose stools and the pain and the High Blood Sugar.  They can put you in the hospital to control all the symptoms right now and then follow what they tell you to do. When the pancreas is affected, it affects the insulin that needs to be excreted by the pancreas to help break down the sugar in your body and since the pancreas is not working properly It cannot excrete insulin. Do you need a good doctor. Low-fat diet, no alcohol, and some pancreatic enzymes maybe to help you digest your food properly. You’re going to start muscle wasting with no nutrients in your body.  
  • Posted

Pancreatic pain is like noneother. It’s usually in the mid upper abdominal region just below the sternum. The pain can also be at either side but it’s usually localized in the center. Often, it will radiate straight through to your back. It’s dull, gnawing and intense. It feels like someone is wringing your stomach out as if it were a washcloth. Very seldom will the pain be sharp, knife like or pearcing. But, it can be for a few. Like I said, it’s like none other. It’s a type pain exclusively. And once you experience it you want forget it. Often your ribs or surrounding areas will ache. I’m glad that you quit drinking. That is the worse thing anyone could possibly do. If you’re a smoker stop. The pancreas reacts to nicotine. If you should choose to drink, your condition will only worsen. Often to the point of no return. Do what you have to do to not drink should you be a heavy drinker. If by chance you are an alcoholic, you must get involved with AA or some type of support group because often, one will start back drinking when their condition improves. That’s telling you that if you don’t give it any alcohol, it want give you as many problems. The choice is yours. I hope that you stay far away from even a beer or glass of wine. Good luck to you. 

DJ~RN

• Posted

Hi

Thanks! I did talk to my Dr. tonight and he will help me starting with test the day after tomorrow. He did know a lot about this he was serious but optimistic. I am going to AA day after tomorrow. I am worried that its insufficiency but I dont loose wight. I am still fat. Thanks a lot for taking the time P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.