How is your spouse/partner with dealing with all this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For all those out there who have had this before or at least over a year im just curious how your spouse handles your disorder or running to doctors when needed. Be honest .

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine is usually supportive, but he doesn't really do what I need him to.. When I'm having a bad day, help me. If I'm having a panic attack, be supportive and sit with me and hug me. He will sit on the opposite end of the room and not do anything while I'm sobbing on the couch in fear. No matter how many times I tell him, it doesn't change..

He takes me to every appointment I have, but will still get annoyed sometimes if I tell him that I want to go to the ER or something, he doesn't allow me to do that anymore. I guess that's a good thing, but I just wish he took how I'm feeling a bit more seriously.

• Posted

Mine can't cope with all he never had me I'll before he hardly talking blanks me when text him thought he would be the one that was there for me doesnt help him being like that

• Posted

Would have liked to see responses to this. Support is so helpful and many dont have it. Maybe more the opposite at times.  many have coexisting illness, ailment and anxiety as well, support is needed but i know its draining and time consuming at times. 
  • Posted

Mine is supportive to an extent. But doesn't truly understand and comes out with unhelpful remarks like what triggered it this time or don't let it get to you.!!. He does try and asks what i want from him, generally i want to be alone when its a bad day. I become a recluse.

• Posted

Mine is supporting really good until I loose my temper and go and meditate up in my room but she is really understanding

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.