How ive learned to control bv

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive delt with bv off and on for about two years now. Metronidazole gets rid of it for a few months, but it always comes back, not to mention the horrible side effects of this antibiotic. The bacteria that causes bv actually forms a biofilm, meaning antibiotics cannot completely kill it. So some things ive done are...wearing organic cotton pads, and using unbleached toliet paper. seriously ladies, you wouldnt believe whats in products we thought were safe. Washing underwear in hot water with unscented laundry detergent, and only using a mild unscented soap for just the outside of the vagina. The less soap the better. The most helpful has been taken two specific strains of probiotics that have been proven to penetrate this biofilm and kill the bacteria L reuteri RC-14 and

Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1. Jarrow brand makes a pill with only these two strains.Please give this a try. I felt the symptoms coming on and ive been taking this for 3 days and everything is 100% back to nomal. I hate to see so many women struggle, and i feel like theres a simple answer, instead of taking all kinds of antibiotics and shoving boric acid pills up there

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've done this and I'm definitely better but I still get it coming back every week ish

• Posted

You've tried taking only those two specific strains? I guess every woman is different, but really this is the first time my vagina has felt completely normal in 2 years.

• Posted

Have any of you ..as odd as it sounds tried curing BV with yogurt? Im sure u could eat it but i use a syringe and plain non fat yogurt before laying down for bed ,i squirt it inside and out side of the vagina every night for 3 nights and it goes away. It only comes back for me if i dont clean my adult toys throughly ...if your feeling hopeless and cant find a cure please try this ,im so happy i did. Works like a charm
    • Posted

i have not, but will consider trying it if my current probiotics stop working!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.