How long?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking citalopram 20 mg with some success for a number of years.  Recently I upped the dose to 25 mg by breaking a tablet in half.  I have all the side effects again which I wasnt expecting with such a small increase in dose.  However I'm not getting the good effects at all just the tiredness, woolly head and nausea.   I've been on the increased dose for 10 days.  How long til I feel better? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynne

I would contact your docs to increase them.

I'm only on day 7 so still getting all the nasty side effects myself .

Sorry I can't help more .

Hopefully you will start to feel better soon x

• Posted

Hello debi76

Ive already seen the doctor who increased my dose to 25 mg from 20 mg.  the side effects are horrible aren't they?  

I kniw niw from past experience that it will be worth it in the end.  

Take care and hope you also feel better soon x

• Posted

It will probably be similar to someone starting it for the first time since you have been normalized on a dose for so long... so go easy on yourself and give it a few weeks. Stay strong!! xx
  • Posted

When I made a switch to increase, my psychiatrist went to 40mg. I had been also on it for many years and even as high as 60.
  • Posted

Stay positive Lynne its just adapting to your mind every mg counts believe it or not! from 10-20 was massive for me. give it time smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.