How long?

Posted , 4 users are following.

How long does it take for Effexor XR to get out of your system? When do side effects disappear?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there please look at my tapering discussion on earlier comments.. I am now on my 8 day of 75 mg XR capsules and yesterday I started to feel much better I still have the headache s. And tinnitus but my smell is coming back slowly and I'm feeling a bit more awake. I know it is very early days but I have got to get off this drug . I've been on them since 2000. I hope it helps you good luck.  

• Posted

Hi Michael, like you I have been on Effexor for over 10 years and have tried to withdraw without success.

I have now reduced from 187.5 to 37.5 and I feel so optimistic that this time I will succeed.

I have been taking a high dose of Omega 3, (3000), two to three Benadryl a day and a Vit B12. This has only been for the past week but already I am not suffering with insomnia and my sleep is deep. The head shivers have gone but I am still having some less worrying head aches.

My reduction has been over three months or November 15th 2016 to be precise because like you I count the days when I can be completely free of this drug.

• Posted

Well done that's great. I can't wait to be finally off them. Lovely to here from you. Best wishes michael

• Posted

Hi. In your case side-effects should ease over the course of the week as you have been on sub-therapeutic dose for less than a week smile You have not reached peak concentration yet and your brain is not 'counting on it' so any protracted issues may have to do with the condition rather than the drug. Let us know how it goes. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.