How long 20mg,

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI any story's of how long it took people to feel well on 20mg of Citalopram please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mrs Susan,

It can take a while. Even if it takes someone else 8 weeks, it may well not be the same for you, especially as I remember reading you have updosed a bit.

Every time you change dosage, your nervous system has to take time to settle again.

I know it's hard not to, but it's better not to compare your recovery time with anyone else's. That can just make you feel anxious if you're not feeling better at the same point as they are. I know it's really tempting, but I think it's just better to accept you're still recovering right now. Claire Weeks wrote a book on Self Help for your Nerves, it's very good. You can also look her up on YouTube, Kate cogs sent me the link and I found it really soothing. Still listening to it 5 months in.

I've found the best things to help recovery are:

Exercise

Getting outside, getting enough daylight.

Relaxation

Meditation

Good diet

No alcohol, minimal tea and coffee

Seeing friends

The recovery process can be so frustrating, up one minute, down the next. Eg last week I was really happy, this week I feel a bit more anxious again. You've got to learn to roll with the ups and downs a bit. There is no pill that is going to magically make everything better by itself, you have to help it along a bit.

You will feel better. But it does take its time for most of us. Especially if it's not your first time on the cit.

Warm wishes, hang in there, this forum is excellent.

Ruth x

• Posted

Are you on 10 or 20mg, I feel so tired,

• Posted

I've now taken for 8 weeks. I felt great til couple days ago, but now having blips quite often. I feel optimistic these will pass and I'll feel better again. I take 20mg, currently tapering to 10. I am now taking 15mg for 3-4 weeks to avoid withdrawals

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.