How long after adrenalectomy does it take for all cushings symptoms to disappear?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have heard six months to a year.  Is this true?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barbara, I had mine done 6 weeks ago today.  The surgeon said it would take 3 months for me to get back to normal. I hope he is right and not what you have heard.  The trouble for me is that I still haven't had my cortisol levels checked since the op and they are supposed to be done quickly. I was starting to feel better and had knocked off all my blood pressure pills and the ones I had for what was said to be diabetes, when in fact it was due to my Cushing's.  This last week my blood pressure has been going up and so has my glucose levels. I'm sure it's because my other adrenal gland is taking over and that my cortisol levels are going up again. I go back to the endocrine man next Thursday and so I will ask him how long he thinks it takes to get back to normal.  Have you had your op yet? Regards Julia
    • Posted

My surgery was six months ago.  Removal of tumor on left adrenal gland.

I still suffer symptoms. High BP, high sugar, excessive sweating, insomnia, huge stomach, joint pain.  I heard six months to a year from my

surgeon and wanted to ask someone who had the surgery.

• Posted

Hi Barbara, Oh dear, that doesn't sound good for me!! Mine was also my left adrenal gland.  The histology showed hyperplasia, which it seems causes the Cushing's Syndrome.  However, I will still ask on Thursday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.