How long after eating cheese can a Migrane start?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what causes my migranes but its hard to tell as I dont know how long it can take? For instance I ate cheese on Wednesday evening and I woke up with a migrane on Saturday? What do people think?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mike

If you have a food 'sensitivity' it can take up to 72 hours for a migraine or symptom to kick in.

A food 'sensitivity' will not show on a blood test but a food 'allergy' will.

For many years I have had sensitivites to wheat/gluten/dairy(cow and goat). I used to be ok with goat cheese etc but ate too much of it and am now sensitive to it. This is how some sensitivities can occur by over eating one particular thing.

I keep a food diary and sure enough, any food I should not eat will cause a migraine and horrendous earache within 3 days (72 hours). The pain can last for days and days.

I went to see one of Britian's Top Nutritionists a few years ago (and a few follow up sessions spread out over the years - he diagnosed and advised me - pain free method). If you are based in the UK I can give you his details.

You may find you cannot have milk or yogurt either. A food diary certainly helps. At the bottom of each page I note my symptoms, then I can look back over the pages and find my trigger. Checking all food packages is essential, for example some coleslaw contains milk, some doesnt. Some mayonnaise contains cream powder, some doesnt. Crisps, some of them contain milk.

Hope this helps 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.