How long after Fibristal does bleeding start?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I finish my last Fibristal pill on Feb 6th, the same day I have my Ultrasound to see if my first three month treatment was successful at shrinking them.  Personally I am confident it did because there were two fibroids that were putting pressure on my cervix and I don't feel them anymore.  I do however still feel the largest one.  

But I'm wondering how soon after finishing the Fibristal pills did other women experience their period or fibroid bleeding?  Was it a normal period or was it the constant bleeding?  Was it a healthy red?  Or was it that brownish red from the fibroids?  Was there cramping?

Looking for information on what is to be expected.  My GP doesn't know a heck of a lot about fibroids and my gynocologist visit isn't until March.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diana,

I've had 1 course of Esmya which I ended 4 weeks ago. Since then symptoms have returned, acute pain with some movements, boating and swealling ... but not period yet. Since week one off Esmya I have this random discomfort as if my period was coming, but not sign of it. I'm quite curious myself as to how it is going to be, although my feeling is that will all the time it's getting to come ... it will be massive eek

• Posted

Hi Diana and @iris83399 Just a quick update, finally around 5 weeks post finishing first Esmya course I got my period. As suspected it is full blown although it seems that tranexanic acid is doing the trick of keeping it manageable (before in my worst times TA didn't work anymore). Not that much cramping but general disconfort and in terms of colours, started as dark spotting to change to healthy red the day after. I hope this info helps you. 

• Posted

Iris83399 if you would like to contact me I am very interested in your comments on this subject.  I have made my displeasure at your comments being deleted known to the admin.  You can reach me on Facebook by the name of Lynn Hunter.
  • Posted

well, here is it 13 days after finishing my 3 months of Fibristal and I have signs of bleeding.  Today I noticed a slight odor even though I was wearing clean clothes.  This evening the smell became stronger.  I went in my hot tub and when I was in the bathroom getting dressed into dry clothes I noticed blood.  I don't get to see my gynecologist for another month and I won't be able to start a second round of Fibristal until April.  sad  very disappointed.

• Posted

How does it take to get period after asmya . I finished 10 days and still haven't got my period , during this time I had sex can't be am pregnant?

• Posted

I've never heard of this pill. So what does it do it just keep on shrinking till it's gone🤷🏾 or they shrink than take it out??? Maybe i should of tried this before i got which i thought was going to be a laparoscopic myomectomy which was a open myomectomy😤😬. But anyways good luck!!

• Posted

I've never heard of this pill. So what does it do it just keep on shrinking till it's gone🤷🏾 or they shrink than take it out??? Maybe i should of tried this before i got which i thought was going to be a laparoscopic myomectomy which was a open myomectomy😤😬. But anyways good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.