How long after surgery did it take?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So today marks the 1 month point  since my surgery. I have two herniated tonsils of 8-11mm. I have no syrinxes. Pre-surgical symptoms were headache, brain fog, fatigue, and lots of neck pain in back, sides, and even front of neck and sides of face and jaws.

I got the posterior fossa decompression with dura patch of my own tissue. 

So far, I haven’t had a CSF leak, or infection. And the wound has healed up nicely. However, my neck is still stiff when I move it in any direction and the neck muscles around my neck at the base around my shoulders and even in front of my neck are still  sore when I move them and massage them. They get kind of worse the more I talk, kind of like pre surgery.

I kind of wish all my pain was at the central location of the incision but my whole neck is still giving me grief. Like in front, the base, etc. 

FINALLY MY QUESTION:

Did most of u experience this too, and if so how long did it take your neck pain to subside...

SECOND QUESTION:

Is there anyone else out there who got the decompression in their early thirties or younger after 3 years or less of symptoms, had no syrinxs, no post op complications, no leaky patch, and their herniation did not become worse, they followed the doctors orders and took it completely easy for 3 months....and they STILL are symptomatic 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, the good thing is you had made the right decision by having decompression - one thing preventing you to get worse - on the other hand you just have such an invasive surgery - you need to be patience with that - listen to your body...so take it easy..I am the luckiest one ..it took me nearly 3 months to get better - less pain & drug..just think positive - there is light at the end of the tunnel - JUST LISTEN to your body

• Posted

I appreciate the reassuring words, they really mean a lot...I’m sure you can tell by my frequent posts that I am pretty “giddy” and nervous and emotional about all of this, and the anticipation of the future and wondering if this will work or to what degree it will work sometimes can be overwhelming. However, your assurances and others responses are helpful to my psyche and state of mind especially at this point, so thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.