How long, after surgery, were you back at work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 4 weeks postop. For my work, I have to stand on my feet for eight hours. I have no pain, so I feel fine at home. I am doing a lot of little things in the house, but I rest in between, foot elevated. 

What is your experience, when was it possible to work again?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I too am in my feet for work and I didn't return until 6 weeks post op!  This was mainly due to being able to wear the right footwear tho as I'm in a warehouse and nothin would fit!! 

I am 5 months post op now and still can't wear certain shoes and still get some pain and also still slightly swollen. I was told upto a year tho. So good luck and just keep putting it up as you are!  If it still gets painful the. It's too soon to return to standing on it for long periods 

Sam 😀

• Posted

hi tiany After my first op 20 years ago i went back to work after 2 weeks and i was a nurse workingin intensive care so doing 12 hr shifts. not sure i could do that this time around i am now 9 days post op with other foot.  i am mobilising well but standing is the worst. ok if you can have periods here you can elevate your foot otherwise may be difficult for you.  what does yr surgeon say.  i will be be going back to work after 3 weeks and the travel to work is the worst for me as i have a daily coomute there and back of 3 hrs but i can elevate my foot in work. stitch removal will be fine can pinch but not painful.  good luck
  • Posted

Hi  i am a midday supervisor at a school and am only 4 weeks post op but have been advised to give it til beg jan to return to work. I had a lapidus procedure where i wore a bandage for 2 weeks and have a special shoe for 8 to ten weeks semi weightbearing. Your consultant should advise you about returning to work.
  • Posted

I have to wait one more week before my next visit to the clinic. At that time they are taking x-rays and the pin in my second toe will be removed. I think at that time, my left foot is good enough for working. Januar, the 16th my right foot will be done. Thank you for the comments.
  • Posted

hiya my surgeon told me cus I'm on my feet for work ill b off 12 weeks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.