How long and how much?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all just a question how much weight have you lost and over what time frame? Any side effects?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

what you lose depends how/what you eat. If you take Orlistat and combine with a low calorie/low fat diet AND up your exercise you will loose fast. It is VERY important that you don't expect just the tablets to make you slim because weight loss will be slow - as soon as you come off them then the weight goes back on.Change to a healthy diet and you will benefit long term. If you eat high fat food you will have very loose stools and will need to go tothe bathroom FAST, you can't keep it in. Good Luck. I lost around 4.2kg in five weeks.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply smile 

I have been on it for a week and i have lost 2.3kg already i gym every night and i have downloaded a eating plan for people using Xenical.

• Posted

Hi Celeste, would you mind sending me the eating plan that you downloaded. I am a bit clueless.
  • Posted

I suppose it depends on how much u have to lose. I have around 5 stone to lose and lost 5.5kg in the first 4 weeks. Wasn't 100% good either (damn Easter eggs everywhere) but back on track now. Good luck in your journey x
    • Posted

Thats great. ...so tell me what eating plan did you follow and did you exercise?
  • Posted

I lost 4 stone and dropped 3 dress sizes in 7 months, slowed up a lot now and haven't lost more than a few pounds in the last 2 months, which is a shame as I've been doing nothing different. I just need to lose another stone and I'll be happy 😊

Keep on track and follow the 5g of fat or less in 100g rule and you'll be fine

• Posted

Hi Celeste, I have been on the tablets for 7 weeks and I have lost 1 stone exactly. I lost that in the first 4 weeks and since then nothing at all despite being very good (I stick to the low fat of 5g rule and no more than 1400 calories per day - but I am mid 40's and had 5 stone to lose so my doctor recommended that). Anyway, bit deflated today as still no loss but I am going on an 18 mile bike ride tomorrow with my husband, overnight in a spa, and then 18 mile ride on Saturday so provided I can eat healthily over the 2 days I am hoping that might shift some. (I say provided I can eat healthily because a cream tea is provided on arrival at the hotel but I have told my husband there is no way we are doing that so we shall go straight to the pool, and then dinner is 3 courses in the eveing but I am hoping there are healthy options). Wish me luck that my willpower can hold out otherwise all that cycling will be for nothing.
    • Posted

Morning that's great I do know that a detox day might kick start the weight loss again I detox every Monday, I only do fruit and low calorie soup and a sauna at gym. Then I'm ready for the next week.

Tell me do you measure your cm lost ? Cos lots of the time we lose cm not kg.

Good luck and enjoy be safe and have fun.

• Posted

Hi, that's a really good idea about the detox day. My husband also does that every week and he swears by it. I am going to try that as I did my mamoth bike ride and was very good about eating - ditched the cream tea and only had 2 courses out of the 5 for the main meal - for breakie has poached eggs and beans on toast / no butter) and I have lost nothing. I cannot believe it cause my undercarriage is extremely sore and I feel like I cycled round the earth 4 times!!!!! Anyway, I am going to try that today as I haven't eaten yet and hopefully that may give me a shove. As for the cms, yes I did take my measurements to start with but I lost where I put them and so can't remember, but I think I have lost 1 inch from my midriff and 1 inch off my hips - still have a mahoosive waistband mind you. And I think I have lost one of my chins too! Let me know how you get on and good luck.
    • Posted

lol... Cool beans smile try it and let me know you might have some headaches from the detox but its so worth it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.