How long are blood tests valid for?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having some health issues recently that I have been concerned about. I have seen the doctor who has put my mind at ease but has also suggested a blood test just to make sure which I am having next week. She did mention though that I had a blood test less than 6 months ago at the end of August which she said was perfect. How long is this valid for? What I mean to say is what can change in that short time frame? Surely if there were any potential nasties they would have shown up then?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I just love google,  you can google anything and find pretty much what your looking for.  Sure your blood changes white cell count etc....hun what is your dr concerned about?
    • Posted

I don't think my doctor is concerned it's more for my benefit to ease my mind. I have had repeated colds, aches and pains all over (including bone pains), coughed up blood tinged phlegm etc so it has concerned me and I have health anxiety issues so looking for some reassurance but she examined me and thinks I'm fine

• Posted

It's.been a horrible year for cold I got two in December both chest colds.  Werever you go people are sick do yourself a favour and sanitize your hands a lot and avoid sick people crouds pollution at least till your 100 percent.

• Posted

Same here and thanks for the advice. Do you know the answer to my original question haha
    • Posted

Yes blood changes some items on your test would be out dated like cretinine  that changes every three months, six month old blood would need to be updated if the dr thinks it's needed.  You make the stuff everyday cells die and new cells are born.  Good luck smart ass 😀

• Posted

I got the blood test which came back normal last week but I got ill again this on Monday sad

Chesty cough again, fever, night sweats, aches etc

Is this normal?

Telephone consultation with doctor said it sounds like I'm getting repeated respiratory infections

• Posted

I am pretty much in the same boat, I have had a cold since December 2 round of antibiotics and then just last week I got a nose infection.  I have never been sick in 8 years and now this, never ending hell.  I want you to go to you tube and look up huff caugh,  it will help you get out what's sticking to your lungs.  If you smoke take a break from it or better yet quit.  I recommend you do the huff caugh at least 4 times a day.  Finish all your antibiotics.  Sanitize your hands a lot stay clear of crouds.  When your up to it get your flu shot, phneumonia shot.    What did the new blood work say, and have the sent you for a chest X-ray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.